chapter three.

this story gained like 20+ votes overnight...how did that happen?

"So how was it?" Liz asked as the two teenagers got in their mother's car. Luke stayed quiet as he got buckled up while Lucy just shrugs, throwing her poster down before getting comfortable in her seat.

"It was really nice to see them," Lucy speaks up. 

"I'm glad, did your brother have fun?" Liz questioned, Lucy suddenly looks over with a smile plaster on her face. 

Luke glares at her and gave his mother a shrug. "It was okay, I guess." 

"It's not just 'okay', especially after you got asked out by a hot band member," Lucy winked, sneaking a glance at their mother who gave them a curious look. Luke let out a little gasp because he wanted to keep what happened as their little secret. No one needed to know what happened, even if there was already two hundred girls who witnessed it. He wanted to pretend like he never had to experienced that.

"What do you mean 'you got asked out by a hot band member'?" Liz asks as they turned to a corner.

"It's really dumb, not that big of a deal." Luke responded, hoping to drop the topic which it did, but that doesn't mean it was going to be brought up again later that evening.

After dinner, Liz told Luke to stay after and help her out. He groaned because he's been waiting all day to practice the song he has been working on, but decided to help out his mother. 

"I'm pretty sure you have a reason to call me back because it's usually Lucy who does this," The tall boy says, loading the dishes that his mother was passing. 

"Tell me all about what happened today," She looked too excited about this whole thing, and he just wants to hit his head against the wall until he loses all his memories from this morning. 

"Mum, it was nothing. It was just another boring gig that you and dad would watch whenever you go out," Luke shrugs and his mother laughed because there was obviously something more than that, that her son was hiding. 

"So I heard you got asked out? By a boy?" Beating around the bush was obviously not going to work, so Liz gave up and brought on the main point. 

Luke sighed for the nth time that day. "Yeah, some stupid game they played and this kid named Calum Hood chose me, out of two hundred screaming girls. I don't know why, like that was just really dumb." 

And Liz watched fondly as her son rambled on about all the events that happened. From the "stupid boys who only knows the color black" getting out of the car, to the pushing fangirls in the crowd. And then the performances and finally, the stupid game that Luke Hemmings was somehow involved in. Thanks to that Calum Hood kid, who Luke describe as "the one who you should never call Asian, unless you want to get beat up by your little sister." 

"Well that sounds pleasant," His mother smiled once Luke was finished with his little storytime. 

"It's probably just a joke, so don't overthink the situation. They probably forgot it after the show ended," Luke simply shrugs as he stood up from his seat, about to head upstairs when his mother spoke again.

"But hey, you never know what could actually come out of this." 

Luke was sitting at his desk, scrolling through his laptop to find some chords that might sound good together. It's been around two hours since he's headed up to his bedroom after his talk with Liz and all he's been doing was writing the lyrics for his song. It took a while, but he managed to get the message out. It was just about a long distance relationship fall apart, and how the guy just wants to put it back together but can't.