[Dangerously Delicious Desserts] Pecan Pie

I always considered that pecan pie was super hard and I didn't try my hands on it until now. And OMG what a discovery. It's easy and delicious and now, one of my favorites!

This recipe is divided in two: the pie crust and the filling, but if you're feeling a bit lazy, you can always buy pre-made dough and skip the pie crust part. The filling is so good, that I don't think there will be any difference.

 The filling is so good, that I don't think there will be any difference

Pie Crust

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
*This is like the most important part!
3 tablespoons (or more) of ice water

Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until coarse meal forms. Add 3 tablespoons water. Using on/off turns, blend just until moist clumps form, adding more water by 1/2 tablespoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour.

* I didn't bake the crust before as some recipes ask for. I've adapted different recipes to make this pie.

Filling:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)1/2 teaspoons salt 3 large eggs3/4 cups light corn syrup 1 tablespoon vanilla extract2 cups pecans (you can toast them but it's optional

1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
1/2 teaspoons salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cups light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups pecans (you can toast them but it's optional. Meaning that I didn't. And it tasted good!)

In a medium cooking pot, melt the butter in medium heat over the stove. When the butter has melted, take out of the fire. Stir in the sugar and salt. Mix until they have absorbed the butter. Whisk in the eggs, then the corn syrup and vanilla.

Return the bowl to the stove and stir until the mixture is shiny (don't let it boil). Pour this mixture into the pie crust. And bake for about 35 mins. When you take it out of the oven, the pie will still be wobbly, don't worry. You need to let it cool down and it will set.