[Holiday Special] Pan de Jamon by Sam

Tis' the season to stuff your face with tasty food!

With the holidays fast approaching, you might be tired of eating the same kinds of meals you eat every year. Why not spice up the dinner table with a quick and easy Venezuelan holiday dish that's sure to impress your family, and make your enemies jealous of your culinary prowess? And the dish is "Pan de Jamon!" A savory ham bread-roll, ready to be yummy yummy in your tummy tummy.

It's basically a sheet of puff pastry, topped with ham, bacon, and other goodies, and rolled up into a loaf. Washed with eggs and milk, put in the oven, and ready to slice up! It's kinda sweet, kinda savory, and a whole lot delicious!

--- Sam_le_fou

Ingredients:

1 package (13.3 oz.) puff pastry, rolled into a 15"x10½" rectangle, or any type of rectangle you can make. It isn't rocket science.

½ lb of good quality ham, preferably smoked.

½ lb of bacon, again, preferably smoked.

1⁄2 Cup green olives, stuffed. We don't want any pits.

2⁄3 Cup raisins. Trust me, it's gonna be dope.

1 egg.

1 tablespoon water.

Instructions:

Roll the puff pastry, if you haven't done so already

Roll the puff pastry, if you haven't done so already. Keep it always as cold as possible.

Line one on the long sides of the bread and line it with the olives. Once lined, fold the bread over the olives as the photo indicates. That's gonna be the center of your bread once you roll it over.

Now, put the ham, bacon, and raisins over the bread, in that order, at your leisure. Some people also add cream cheese to the bread, but we will keep it traditional here. There is no wrong way to do it, so have fun!

Once you spread the ingredients, slowly roll the bread from the side with the olives towards the side with no olives. You can try and make a cool pattern with leftover dough, but let's keep it simple, shall we?

Since it's Puff pastry, we want it to be cold. Put the roll on the fridge for half an hour to chill.

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Once the 30 minutes in the fridge are up, transfer the bread to a baking sheet. In a bowl, add the egg and water and mix them. Wash the bread with a brush so it gets a nice golden color while baking. Poke the bread with a fork all over to show who's boss, but also to keep it from growing uncontrollably.

Put the bread in the over for 40 minutes, or until it turns golden delicious.

Take out, let it cool, and enjoy your delicious pan de jamon.