Chapter Thriteen: The Lioness and the Bandit

Sorry for the long wait, last month was hectic (especially with... the loss. RIP Cameron Boyce. You will be missed).

Descendants 3 came out today (two days ago at the time of me writing this), so to celebrate, I am uploading chapters 13-20 on this book and for Lost Girl I am uploading chapters 8-14.
I hope you guys enjoy this because this never happens lol (I'm writing these all back to back and then uploading them simultaneously).
Future author here: when this chapter comes out... please don't spoil it for me! I still need to watch it!
EDIT: I just saw it yesterday-IT WAS SO AMAZING! So amazing, that I have temporally changed my profile haha.
Enjoy❤️
EDIT: I added dialogue to reveal Arcadia's pet as I forgot to do that when I was writing this chapter!

A normal day it was supposed... but who am I kidding? Nothing about my life is normal! Especially since I went into a jungle to retrieve a diamond, got flung off a cliff ('long live the king' style) in lion form, ended up eating Tiana's famous gumbo soup and playing matchmaker (AGAIN!) for two friends.

I should probably start from the beginning?

It was a Friday and I was stuck in a boring lecture for History of Auradon. So, I was sitting there, daydreaming (mostly about what I was going to have for lunch since it was next period) when the teacher suddenly called on me.
"Miss Scar? Sylvia!" I jumped a little in my seat and coughed awkwardly.
"Uhh... yes?"
"I'm waiting for an answer! Tell me, Miss Scar, where is Cinderellasburg located?"
"Um... it's located south of Auradon, ma'am."
"Very good. And could you possibly tell me the capital?" Suddenly, I freeze. I don't remember the capital!!! I start to rush through notes and maps in a panic and I hear a voice whisper behind me.
"It's Cinderellasburg City."
"Uhh... Cinderellasburg City ma'am!" I explain and the teacher looks surprised that I know the answer.

... I'm a VK, what did I expect?

Class continued on as normal and finally it was over. As I got to the door, a girl with brown hair and blue eyes came up to me.
"You're welcome in advance." Her accent was posh, English. Something like Ally's.
"Oh... thanks. Hey, why did you help me?" The girl shrugs.
"I just thought you could use the help. And... I need a favor from you, Sylvia Scar." I raised an eyebrow at her as we stand outside the classroom.
"What is it? Also you didn't tell me your name."
"Oh! My apologies. Where are my manners! Bandit Porter." She explains with a small smile, shaking my hand enthusiastically.
"Oh ok. So... Bandit, what do you want me to help you with, exactly?"
"Well... I need to retrieve a diamond from.. the jungle." She explains cautiously and my face scrunches up in confusion.
"O...kay. Why a diamond exactly??"
"Well, supposedly there are diamonds near where a volcano used to be in my birthplace... I need something from the jungle for a project and a diamond might be a good thing to get-story and all that."
"Ok... but how are we going to do that? We're not allowed off campus during school." I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to sneaking off, but I was just stating fact...
"This weekend, so we don't get caught." Bandit says, making very clear that she isn't going to back down. I sigh and think about it for a minute before agreeing.
"Alright. I'll help you." Bandit beams and profusely thanks me for my help.

"Hey Sylvia." I jump and turn around to see Sean standing behind me.
"Don't scare me like that!" I shout, punching him lightly in the arm.
"Sorry... it's just.... what's Bandit like?" I groan, already knowing where this was going.
"I don't know-ask her yourself! What am to you all, a protagonist in a video game??" I ask in a snappy tone. Sean flinches and I feel kind of bad.
"Sorry... I-I didn't mean to get so angry at you."
"It's ok," he reassures me with a small smile, "I get it. I'll find out myself."
"Good!" I say with a beaming smile for us to go to our next class.

THE NEXT DAY, The Jungle

"So... you've lived here your entire life?" Bandit nods.
"But I mean, it's not like I don't leave the jungle. Sometimes my mum takes me to England to show me around. One of my brothers, Korak left the jungle and has a wife named Meriem and they have a son John, who in turn as a wife named Hazel and a daughter named Dawn. I didn't really expect to become a sister-in-law and aunt at such a young age... but here we are!"
"How many brothers do you have?" I ask, narrowly avoiding being wacked in the face by a vine.
"Oh, I have two. The eldest is Korak and then there's my adoptive brother, Budunki. He's usually hunting, so you probably won't see him today. I'm the youngest out of all of them." She explains to me, effortlessly avoiding all the vines and branches as she talks. She pauses as she sees me struggling-looking amused and pitiful.
"Not use to the jungle?" She asks with a hand on her hip as I just now realize she's wearing a typical safari uniform.
"I've lived in a cave and on a docked area and have dreamed of the Savannah for most of my life... so no. I'm not." She nods thoughtfully and guides me through so we can continue walking.