Chapter Fifthteen: Confessions

Here's the 'Archery Squad' up above ^^

A few weeks later...

Nama told me about Castlecoming. It's a place where all the freshmen and just... hang out I guess? She's making me go so I had to pick out a dress.

We went to Evie's "shop" and she helped design a dress for me.

In a few weeks, it was completed. I tried it out in the mirror.
"What do you think?" Evie asks excitedly as I look at myself in the mirror.

I smile, admiring the yellow dress.
"I love it!" I answer honestly as Evie and Nama look at each other with looks of relief.
"We'll take it!" Nama says and brings out a pouch of gold coins.
"Oh, Nama, you don't have to-"
"Nope! This is my treat, in celebration for your first Castlecoming!" I give her a warm smile... I didn't deserve my friends.

Later...

In the cafeteria, I sit down at our usual table as everyone chats excitedly about Castlecoming-even my fellow VKs to my surprise. Suddenly, Zizi comes to the table looking extremely glum.
"What happened now?" Peggy asked exasperated.
"Twilight and I got into a fight." She murmured, sitting down next to her sister.
"Uh huh. What caused this fight?" Peggy asks as I find a shadow looming over me. It's Poe.
"Hi." He says, looking down at me, very annoyed.
"Hey. What's wrong?"
"Are Twilight and Zizi fighting again?" He asks, ignoring my question.
"Uh... I guess. Who's Twilight?" Poe looks down at me again.
"She's Zizi's girlfriend-Merida's daughter."
"Oh." I reply in realization.
"It's going to be ok." Peggy whispered.
"What happened?" She asks a minute later as we are all eating our lunch and Zizi let out a little sniffle.
"It was stupid... I just," Zizi sighed as Nama leaned in a little closer to hear, "I kind of forgot today was her birthday."
"That's it?" Peggy asked in disbelief.
"Yeah... but-but, I got distracted! The Castlecoming is coming up in two days, but Twi's birthday is important too. Oh, I don't know what to do!" Zizi rambled as her older siblings gave each other a glance trying to figure out what to do.
"Well, where is she now?" Nama inquires.
"She's with the Archery Squad." Zizi murmurs, resting her hand on her cheek with a sad expression. The Archery Squad was made of... well archers. They practiced near the Enchanted Lake. Their members (that I knew of) were Dawn and Todd, Stormcloud, Aris and this Twilight apparently.
"Me and Sylvia can help." Nama says as I choke on my soup.
"I'm fine." I say, giving Sage a reassuring smile.
"You can't be serious, Nama!" I protest. She smirks.
"And why not? You've been doing a lot of matchmaking recently." Nama says with a wink. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Sean blush.
"Think of it this way," Nama says getting my attention, "it's for a good cause!" And she points to Zizi with a long, white coated nail.
"Mm... alright, I'll help." Nama beams and then the bell rings.
"C'mon! Let's go now." Nama suggests, dragging Zizi and I away before I can throw away my trash.

"Uh... Nama, as much as I want to help-don't we have class after this?"
"Pff! Since when do you care about rules, Sylvia? We are on a mission and it cannot wait-not even for class." Zizi gasped and I shrugged. Nama did have a point.