Chapter Twenty-Three: Play with Fire, You Get Burned

New characters up above ^^
PSA: Skye was not mine (I don't remember if I said that way back in the prologue). She was a character created by someone on Amino (I probably should have gotten permission to use it, so in the likely hood that person is reading this-I apologize). Oh, and Koa I created myself just in case you are wondering :)
By the way-have I introduced Paradise yet??? I swore I had, but I'm not sure-tell me if she seems familiar!!

With Ben's permission, we took one of the limousine to the Isle the next day.
"Ok, you're just going to grab your dad's ember and get out of here, right?"
"Right." Haven and Helene say in unison, walking off to find it. I sigh out a sigh and pull up the hood of the jacket I was wearing (Evie had made outfits for us so we couldn't be found by Sapphire and her crew).

Unfortunately...
"Heyyyy Sylvia!" Carole says with a Cheshire smile and I jump. I was just walking down the market square, when suddenly I found myself standing in front of her. I grit my teeth. I knew this wasn't going to work! My scar is very noticeable! I curse myself before glaring at Carole.
"Hey Carole." I deadpan and she snickers.
"What cha going back here so soon?" She asks dispersing and reappearing with a hand casually draped on my left shoulder. She spooked me, but I pretended on the outside it didn't bother me.
"Nothing that concerns you." I reply coolly. She seems to take in that answer, eyeing me suspiciously before shrugging. I glance over at her.
"What do you want?" I demand and she smirks.
"Nothing much, just-" she snaps her fingers and a pink powder emerges, making me feel dizzy. What in Hades is happening???
"This." Carole whispers as her cackles become faint in my ear and I pass out.

TIME SKIP...

The next time I wake up it smells like fish and salt of the sea. I fully wake up to see Paradise, The Ringmaster's daughter, and Sapphire standing in front of me with smug smirks on their faces.
"What... what do you two want?" I ask, dazed from whatever they gave me.
"Hmph. Just a favor, Sylvia Scar." Sapphire replies, fixing her hair and checking her lilac nails.
"Uh-huh." I deadpan. Paradise gives me a coy smile.
"Of course... you probably know what it is." I stare at her blankly-still trying to get use to my surroundings and the rocking of the boat, I can't remember what they want. Paradise rolls her eyes.
"THE WAND!" She snaps in anger and my eyes widened.
"No! I don't even have it! Why would I give it to you?!" I spat. Sapphire and Paradise snicker at each other and I raise an eyebrow, curious to what they are up to.
"We accounted for that." Paradise says.
"That's why we brought you a companion." Sapphire hisses, before snapping her fingers once and Ernest and Timber appear, struggling to hold a girl by the arms. They set her down next to me and I blink.

It's my sister, Skye.

Sapphire smiles at the two boys and waves them away. Ernest mumbles something about his jacket being ruined and Timber lets out a growl in frustration. I look up at Sapphire and Paradise.
"Just think about it." Sapphire encourages.
"Your lives are on the line." Paradise adds, relishing in our powerlessness as they both slink away like cats.

I turn to my sister.
"Skye what are you doing here?" I ask, relieved to see my sister. She sighs.
"It's a long story." I smirk.
"I think we have time."

MEANWHILE....

No One's POV

Haven and Helene return to the limousine only to find Sylvia missing. Helene froze in place.
"Where did she go??"
"Maybe she went off on her own?" Haven suggested as she felt her sister's wrath growing. Helene turned to her with an angry expression on her face.
"Why would she leave??" Helene asked.
"I-I don't know! Maybe she just wanted to fresh air!" Haven protested weakly.
"Ha! On this place? Not a chance!" Helene spat, opening the driver's car door.
"Oh gods! We lost her." Haven murmurs worriedly.
"Not yet she isn't! Not while I have something to say it!" Helene mumbles, starting the engine.
"What are we going to do?" Haven asks, getting into the front passenger's seat. Helene smirks.
"We're going to get backup."