Chapter 14 - The Count

We both arrived at the building that The Count was supposed to be in. We both looked up at the building and saw a light at the top floor. We both quickly ran up a flight of stairs as we both didn't run into any trouble for the first few floors. We both were nearing the top when we both eventually saw some of The Count's hired guards. There were 3 of them so each of them would take out one guard. I indicated to Nyssa which one she should take. I fired an arrows into the shoulder of 2 guards I went after while Nyssa ran and engaged her target. The two guards with arrows in their shoulders cried out in pain but were quickly put to sleep as I ran up the stair as slugged them across the face with my bow. Nyssa meanwhile knocked the gun out of the final guard hand and then swiftly hit him across the face a couple of times with her bow. She moved off towards Me when she heard movement behind her. She turned around and back-handed the man across the face, knocking him out.

The noise of the screams clearly alerted the other guards as we both joined together just outside the top floor so they had the numbers against them by their attackers. From behind a pillar I threw a couple of flashbang grenades, which disorientated all of them. They all moved forward with I firing three arrows rapidly which went into the hearts of three guards. Nyssa withdrew her sword and swiftly dispatched of 4 guards with deadly moves with her sword and her hidden blade. Nyssa using her bow shot Arrow after Arrow into the hearts of two of the guards, killing them instantly. The final guard was still disorientated so Nyssa easily maneuvered herself behind him. She kicked one of his legs, forcing him down onto one knee where she snapped his neck.

"Nyssa, you got the left and I'll take the right." I said.

I picked up one of the dead bodies and opened the door to the room on the top floor. I chucked the body in there before backing away. They heard continuous gunfire for about 30 seconds. Once it stopped they knew that it was time to strike, but those 30 seconds meant that the police were very close to them.

I kicked open the door and immediately fired arrow after arrow, killing whomever I saw with a weapon. Nyssa did the same with her bow and arrow and after about 15 seconds of continuous shooting, all the guards in the room were dead. I walked over to the ones I killed and was about to pull out an arrow but Nyssa asked "What are you doing?"

"Um getting my arrows? It's so wasteful to just leave them here when we can reuse them." I explained.

"Now is not the time, beloved." Nyssa said indicating towards the door of the impending arrival of the SCPD. I huffed but listened to my wife as I walked with her to a set of stairs that lead to the roof.

The sound of the police in the building was getting ever louder so we both quickly made their way up to the roof. We both opened the door to find The Count. He had a gun in his hand but I & Nyssa fired Arrow after Arrow into his chest and killed him.

"LOWER YOUR WEAPONS!" Lance shouted.

I made a quick movement to grab a smoke bomb and I threw it down to the ground. After the smoke cleared, only the police and dead The Count remained.