Chapter 4: Mark

Mark
The sun glowed just right as the trees moved through the wind in a calming way. These days I don't get out much but my therapist says I should due to the once unhealthy obsession I had with abby.

It seemed like just yesterday I moved back home so that I could be around people I know who loved me. How could she ever love me she left me twice for other's when I was there. No, I'm not perfect but in a relationship we should have discussed these things. She manipulated me into believing she was the one for me.

she doesn't love you Mark,

She doesn't love you Mark

I just need to forget. My shrink had me repeat those words every since I've gotten back home. At first I didn't like the things he said about abby and I still don't at times but he makes a point. She had men wrapped around her little finger. We would've done anything for her. We have done anything for her but also she opened my eyes to a lot of things also.

Like having a family. I still picture me with the perfect girl for me to have my kids and love me for me. I want to be ready to love someone else and for that I need therapist. Or so my father said.

My parents get into arguments over my therapy all the time. My mom thinks I just got my heart broken but my dad argued that I was being manipulated and taken advantage of referring to me coming from money but I knew that was never the reason I was with abby. We had a connection out of this world and her family owned the town. If anything she used me for love because a gold digger is what she's not.

"Thinking about abby again?" eraion asked, she use to be one of our old friends until she left and we lost contact but now she's back and has been the ultimate friend listening to my shit. She never once says who's side she's on she only lets me vent and calls me out when she felt I did something wrong. I would rather go to her session then my real therapist. That fucker talks about abby as if she's garbage but my dad says it's his way of giving my life back and helping me forget about abby.

"I'm trying E, she just gets stuck in my head sometimes" I sighed and stared off into the afternoons sky. So peaceful and calming.

"Try harder Mark. I know you love her but she's not yours anymore she belongs to someone else" she sat beside me and leaned her head on my shoulder. "I know this might go against everything your parents say but I think you should go back get some closure and move on. you're to old to be listening to what your parents say about your love life. You're Mark, the one who can have any girl he wanted and I really want to see my old friends and how she's doing" This time I huffed.

"You can do that anytime"

"yeah but I don't know Florida and you do. As my best friend you should help me reconnect with my other best friend so we can all be best friends together"

Thinking of going back was the one thing I wanted so badly to do but what's the point of getting help when all ill do is go back on everything and I mean everything once I see her again. She's my angel I cant resist her smile or her anything.

"That's not a good idea E. I'll fuck up I just know it"

"And i'll be right there to stop your fuck up but and that's only if you take me to Florida"

"Why do you want so badly to go. You're a grown women you can leave as you please"

"One, I don't want to get lost. Two, you have been and you know where abby is. Three, I don't want to go alone!" she flicked my forehead. I chuckled and cooed her annoyingly to which she punched me really hard on the shoulder. I have to say she has one powerful punch. "plus you owe me all these years not staying in contact like we promised"

"Ugh okay i'll take you but while we are there you have to help me find a girl to distract me. I don't want to scare her away again"

"Of course i'll help as long as you don't cockblock we're good. So deal?'

"deal"

"Good i'll pick you up tomorrow bye!"

"Wait! tomorrow that's too soon" she laughed and skipped away as if nothing happened.

I couldn't leave tomorrow. I had to be prepared to see Abby I can't just... she wont... she's not going to like me visiting her like this. Not now that I've been trying to get myself over her and together. I though she meant in like another month but tomorrow. Oh God why did I ever agree.

"Fuck you!" I shouted after her.

"Save it for Florida pussy!" Was Her reply with flicking me off and skipping on her Mary way to her car to leave. I couldn't stand her but she truly was my best friend.

All these years she was the wall between me and Abby actually getting together so maybe her being there will be better for me. She can keep us friends and friends only.

I can do this. I'll just have to make a trip to the pharmacy before we take off.

Damn you Eraion!
*******************

Vote, comment, share💕