Chapter 6: interactions

Abby

My foot tapped shamelessly onto the marbled tiled floors of the office I'll soon call mine. My nerves weren't the best right now. With having to deal with working again and now I'm engaged but to only one of my lovers who's giving me vibes that I not only like but feel oddly guilty about because now it seems as if we're ignoring Liam and that's not the case i love them both but.... I need a breather.

"Ms. Jones"

I finally snap out of my thoughts and look towards the receptionist to see her smiling politely. I was embossed to say the least but I can't let that effect me now.

"We're ready for you" I stood and walked to the elevator doors. Supposedly I was to meet a group of people because we were all hand picked for our jobs. I, know for one was happy enough to be selected in such a group. I've heard that there were nothing but intelligent and known people inside this group so me being picked out is a-

"Ouch"

"Woah!"

Before I knew it I was on the ground. Why wasn't I paying attention now I've embarrassed myself even more.

"I'm sorry" I hurriedly speak before trying to get up again.

"No problem are you okay though?" He asked. I didn't get a good look at him because of the dizzy feeling I had from falling down so suddenly. I knew already I've made a fool of myself in front of one of my colleagues what an embarrassment am I!

"I'm fine. Excuse my manners I'm Abiga-"

Wow was he a looker. His everything was outstanding. I've seen gingers in my lifetime but he was gorgeous. Blue eyes stood out as his shinny red hair pushed back into a man bun.

"Abiga, what a unique name" He smiled politely

"Abiga, what a unique name" He smiled politely. I wanted the world to eat me alive from the amount of shit I've caused.

"No, it's Abigail but you can call me Abby" I tell him.

He stared at me for awhile before making a gesture to move past him. Really I just wondered where the hell did he come from. He has an accent I can tell by the way his words sound. It's both manly and something I just can't quite put my finger on.

"And you are?" I ask, who doesn't introduce theirselves when being greeted.

"The new recruit. See you around Abigail" Was his simple answer before bidding goodbye and walking down the hall. I just looked at his defending back before I couldn't spot him anymore. He was certainly weird.

The room door opened behind me and there stood an older lady dressed casually but elegant. Her shiny black hair held streaks of grey to define her aging. She was still vibrant with joy and beauty although.

"Ah.. you must be Ms. Jones my last recruit. It's nice to meet you" she took my hand eagerly. I smiled and followed her into the office where she lead me over to her desk. "Shall we get started"
************

Liam

Everything is about him! She picks him before me, She shares this connection with him that she doesn't with me, He gets her attention more than me. Why must he make me feel this way towards him! I love my brother and I love Abby it's just sometimes I feel as if she cares more about him because he acts like a damn child. Our mom did the same. She'll say that I could defend and take care of myself more then Ethan could because he went through a depression when dad left.

The real reason why I dealt with every fucking thing on my own was because instead of Ethan I knew how to bottle my feelings up and throw it away. He was just to sensitive for his own good and that's how life's been for us. Him being the sensitive person that he is and me being the older brother trying to protect him. But now he's taken this sensitive approach to far.

"Liam-"

"Don't! You go around acting as if life suppose to fall into your hands Ethan. We've agreed to share her but his morning wasn't acceptable you acted like a complete ass to her for so long about the engagement and then now what you have her wrapped around your dick!"

"What the fuck! I never-"

"So you didn't run out on her during the proposal and then ignore her and now your trying to make her forgive you. She was going through just as much as you during that time and now it's okay?! No Ethan if you really love Abby then you'll ask her to marry you if not I'll marry her myself and then their will be no you involved"

"Is that a threat I hear Liam. You know I don't do good with threats!"

"Don't test me Ethan. Look you know I love you but what you did to Abby wasn't right and you cannot act as if you weren't being a total dipshit. If you don't marry her Ethan then let her go because she's not getting any younger and we're definitely getting older. She'll find someone who'll do the things we did not and that's to make her the happiest woman in the world. With kids and marriage and a safe life can't you just agree?"

"Why should she be happy about getting married right now? We're young and yes I want to marry her but I want that to be on my own time Liam. I know she wants the same so why rush what doesn't have to be?"

Is he serious right now! Did he not see how happy she was when I proposed. I know Abby and I know she wants a life and we plan on giving that to her as normal as we possibly can. Something has to be wrong with him.

"I'll give you three months Ethan and if your answer is still the same than I have no other choice but to count you out. I'll never take Abby away from you but legally she'll be my wife and not yours. Think about that" With that I walked out and headed home early. I hope he comes to his senses because I'll definitely marry her with or without him.
***************

Vote comment share💕