Chapter 8:Guest

Abby

Coming home to an empty house wasn't what I expected after the first day of work. I guess they had to stay at the office late, they still could've given me a notice about it. Men.

After showering and doing a couple of chores around the house I checked the time to see that after an hour they still haven't come home or even called. They better have an good excuse. Pulling out my phone I decided to give them a call.

"Hello" Ethan's voice spoke. He sounded tired.

"Where are you guys? I've been home for about two hours now"

"We've been in the office doing some work, Liam-

"Abby, baby, I'm sorry I should've called I went back to the office just got so busy with work but I'll be home in just a b-

"WE'LL be home in just a bit"

On the line I could hear them in the background arguing about the same they argue about. Hearing enough and knowing they were okay I decided to end the phone call and just get dinner ready instead.

I can't believe I choose those idiots. The idiots I love so much but they're still idiots.

My idiots.
*****************

Mark

Finally we're in Florida and my heart won't stop beating. I hope I won't fuck up.

"Okay, now we need to find somewhere to stay"

"No need. I have a house here"

"I thought you told your dad that you sold it?"

"I still have it"

We made our way through the streets and finally coming upon the house I bought. It's still the same and still it holds the memory from when me and Abby were here. I take a deep breath before getting out of the car along with Eraion, as we make our way to the front door. Bending down I pick up the spare keys I have inside the side bush next to the door. I open the door and walk inside.

"Wow.. nice house"

"Yeah..."

"Where do I sleep?"

"Take any room available. I'm going for a walk" I set my bags onto the floor and head out the door. Being back only brings back things I wanted both to stay with me and to leave my mind. Thinking about how completely fucked up my life has become without abby. I must have a damn problem obsessing over her after all these years but who wouldn't, abby had a way to make you feel as if you were the one for her and then she just up and left with someone else and that someone was never me.

I hate to sound so heart broken but every since she steeped foot in my life I never wanted someone as much as I wanted her. what can I do to just get her put of my system? Eraion's response was to snag another girl but I did that with Stacy once and look how that ended. I broke her heart the second I found out abby was somewhere near me. I don't want to be that guy. The player who just uses people for his own benefits its not right my mom taught me better than that.

Shaking my head I headed to the bakery around the corner from the house with thoughts of abby and I playing over and over in my head. as soon as I was nearing the bakery I heard someone say my name.

"Mark?" turning to look I see Dr. Lewis with a cup of what im assuming is coffee and a brief case. He looked surprised to see me but I wasn't surprised. all the shit I've been through I couldn't even be surprised by this I knew i'd walk into someone while being here.

"What's up Doc?" I nodded my head with my hands in my pocket.

"You're back. I thought Abigail said that you-"

"I did leave but I'm back now" I was already getting nervous. The way he says her name as if he still sees her. Does he still see her? Does she speak about me in a good way? Does she hate me for being an obsessive jerk who just can't let go of the past?

Question after questions flies inside my head. I don't need to be doing this over again. If it's one thing I learned from my shrink back home is that I shouldn't think about this too much or else I fall right back into that cycle of abby and this time I'll probably end up doing something I'll regret. It's best if I keep abby at a distance and stay far away as possible or until Eraion forces me but until then I don't want to dwell on it any longer. I want to get better I really do.

"Well it's nice to see you back. I'm sure Abigail will be surprised"

"Yeah, well, I'm actually here with a friend and we're going to see her in a few. It's nice running into you" I wanted to be as polite as I could and walk away but he stopped me once again

"Mark, if you don't mind me asking. How are you? I know it's non of my business to pry but you seem down"

I shrugged my shoulders already regretting talking to him. He sounds just like my parents and I already knew what was coming next.

"How about this if you're feeling up to it why don't you come to my office and we can have a session. I'm probably the last person you want to talk to right now but if I can help let me know. it's my job to help others when their in... this state and you seem like a person who could use a bit of help"

I wanted to laugh so bad but I refrained from doing so. I don't know what's with everyone thinking I need therapy I'm just heart broken no cause to have a shrink pick my mind every second of the day.

"Yeah, I guess it wouldn't hurt" he smiled and said goodbye as he walked off going about his day as if he just didn't make mine worse.

After making my way inside finally my phine decided to ring. Could anyone understand that I wanted to alone for just one moment.

"Eraion, please don't tell me that you've already burned down my house with your horrible cooking"

"haha fuck face and no I haven't but now i'm going to you prick"

"So you called just to insult me"

"Oh yeah about that. I met someone here who's not only adorable but she told me she can't wait to se you"

"For the last time I'm not using someone to get over my problems. You're a woman for crying out loud shouldn't you shun men for doing that kind of thing?"

"Not when said man is my best friend and I can't take him mopping around everywhere he goes.... listen you don't have to fuck her just come talk have a nice time and we go home. simple"

"I don't trust you. Nothing has ever been simple when you're involved"

"I'm sending you the location so don't be here an hour late talking about you've gotten lost because i will beat your ass Mark you know I will"

Sighing I agreed to meet her and this female she's probably trying to set me up with. It's nice to have someone like her around. I don't feel as if I'm falling completely apart only a little. She always keeps me entertained with her different quest as she calls them.

I guess it's time to find out if I'm going to talk with Dr. Lewis. He did seem like an okay guy and he's familiar so what could it hurt.
***********
Vote, comment, share💕