Chapter 5: Micheal

Micheal

"Uncle mike! When is baby getting here" I laughed and picked up the curious little boy.

"Well auntie rose has to have her first and then she'll be here before you know it" I poked his sides which made him jump and giggle.

Rose and I have actually been in a better place. She really was something once I really payed those signs attention. She was the girl for me no complications no ex's she was just her and she was great. We planned to get married but before I officially propose she wants to have the bundle of joy that's about to be born inside of her stomach. I'd have never though over that year I would get her pregnant but I guess life has different plan dealing with these things.

She didn't want me in the room while she's pushing. She says I would get so figured I won't have sex with her anymore but that's far from the truth. There's no telling a pregnant person that though.

Her whole family was here and happy about her finally finding someone to love her. I loved her so much I am willing to make her my whole future. It's not just because of the baby it's because of who she is.

"I just know she'll have your looks micheal" Rose's mother day next to me. I smiled widely at that. I never thought about having kids but now that this day is finally happening it's been the only thing I could ever think about. Either way if she had her mother or my looks I know she'll be beautiful inside and out. I just couldn't wait to meet her and hold her tiny form to mine.

I'll protect her through any and everything no one can so much as look at her the wrong way and I'll be down their throats.

"You think so"

"Of course I see how you talk about her as if she's already here with us. The name you picked for her was amazing Rose loves it. Baby Abigail, it has a ring to it don't you think"

"Yes"

I knew it is probably weird that I named my baby after a girl I loved but honestly I couldn't have picked a better name. Abby was my best friend. My partner in crime and til this day she holds a special place in my heart. I name my daughter after a strong and independent women who sometimes act like a baby but has the biggest heart I've ever seen inside a person. She was Abby and now my baby girl will be always blessed with the name that's fit for her.

Unique, honest, special, beautiful, caring, loving. I hope life's treating her well and even her brothers. It was never my place to judge her and I still won't. Yes, I was heart broken that she didn't return the feelings I felt but that was only a mere second before I heavily regretted how I acted but by the time I came back she was gone.

I didn't look for her. I couldn't have because I know I'd want something that couldn't happen. That she wouldn't allow. I admire her for being the person I needed when I was younger.

"Micheal!" The scream of Rose roared throughout the hospital halls. I stood immediately and went inside to see that she was holding a precious little girl inside of her arms. Her eyes were closed but twisted in confusion at the outside world and new found voices. My baby girl so precious.

I went to her side and stared at the small baby that laid inside of her arms peacefully. I just needed to hold her.

"You want to hold her"

"Always" I gently grabbed her and held her inside of my arms. She opened her large eyes and they were a blue. A very light blue that reminded me of someone.... of Abby's eyes. How could that be possible yeah Rose has blue eyes but wow her eyes were beautiful.

"Hey baby" I coped and she held a slight smile before it disappeared. I almost melted at the sight. She was sooo adorable. The most adorable.

"I'm happy we named her after Abby. What a women she was"

I nodded but still looking at the precious still sleeping in my arms. How could she be so tired after doing absolutely nothing for nine months.

"You know I've kept in contact with her" she whispered the last part. I stopped rocking the baby and turned to Rose. I was so confused as to why she would still be in contact with her but I couldn't judge her they were friends it's only right they stayed in contact.

"I didn't tell her anything I wanted it to be a surprise that she knows we named our baby after her"

I stayed silent but my heart was pounding out of my chest at a very high speed.

"Okay" was all I managed to say.

"I asked her to come over to our home in a few days" that is what stopped me. Why would she do such a thing.

"Rose-"

"Micheal you two were friends why all of a sudden you stop talking. You can't hate her if you named our daughter after her so what is the reason?"

Because I've never stopped loving her

"There is no reason. I'd love for her to meet the baby" I lied. Kinda. I would love for her to meet Abigail but what if... what if the feelings I've buried surface. I couldn't do that to Rose or my child I have to stay strong and if that means hiding and keeping my distance then so be it but me falling in love with Abby can't happen again.

I wonder how she's turned out over the years. Does she look any different or act any different.

No thinking about her and I'll be fine she'll see the baby and be on her way as if nothing happened. It'll be fine. We'll be fine.
****************
Vote comment share💕