Chapter 7: Abigail

Caleb

Calm down Caleb she's only here for a job nothing more nothing less. You've been away from her and now you've got Stephanie she's great. Right?

Ugh after all these years Abigail still finds her way inside of my life! Why can't I just let her go I mean I have someone now who loves me no complications no arguments just us so, why am I still worried if I'll see Abby today.

"Knock, knock" I knew that voice from anywhere. It was the sweet sound of my loving girlfriend Stephanie.

"Well, isn't this a surprise. I thought you were in class today" I hugged her small frame into my larger one. She smelled like lavender as always.

"I did but, my professor didn't show up today so guess who's free and ready to have the best day with the best man ever!"

"Who, me? I wouldn't say best man. Probably super man"

"Yeah, a pretty old super man"

"Hey, I'm not that old. I'm still in my twenties" I defended my self.

"I haven't touched twenty yet so you're old to me" she smiled knowing that she won our little battle.

"I'll meet you at the car just have to get a few things settled"

"Don't take too long" with that she walked away swaying her hips just the way I liked it. I couldn't get enough of her.

Packing up and sending all of the unfinished work to my trusted employee and friend. Pam. I informed her in on the meetings and the deals that I wanted before shutting down my computer and leaving my office.

Making my way to the elevator I waited while the elevator stopped and I was able to get on. I could just picture the things I would have planned for me and Stephanie. She always like surprises and I always follow through and surprise her.

The elevator stopped but I didn't pay any attention due to the ringing of my phone.

"I'm inside the elevator now" I spoke already knowing it was steph checking to see what was taking so long.

"I'm getting Impatient Mr.Black. Isn't it your priority to have clients satisfied"

I laughed and shook my head at her words. She's something.

"Very much so. I'll be with you in just a moment baby"

"Love you"

"I love you too" and with that we both hung up. I couldn't stop the smile and stretched my face as I looked down at my wallpaper of her.

Looking up just a bit I froze on the spot. Standing there was a women with blond hair and blue eyes. The most captivating eyes I've ever seen. I'd know those eyes anywhere because they belonged to no other than Abby.

"Abigail"

Stupid! Your first time seeing her in how long and you just say is Abigail!

"Caleb, it's nice to see you again" she deadpan with her signature smile. That sweet and alluring smile framed by her pink lips. So soft and kissable.

She looked mature and beautiful. The way she stood with her head high held confidence and power.

"Nice to be seen"

Stupid

"How are you these days" I asked, hoping to start a conversation with her. After all that we've been through and she remains as if nothing happened.

"I'm great. Just living life. How about you?"

"I've been making it"

It's really hard without you!

"I've extended my business..."

Thinking about you every night!

"Flown across the world"

Wishing you were there!

"And I have a wonderful girlfriend"

Oh shit! Stephanie!

"Well, it's good to hear and I hope you two are very happy" she sounded so genuine I couldn't help but feel as if I betrayed her for Stephanie. She was gone I can't beat myself up about it but she's here now.

The elevator opened to the garage and we stepped out together. It felt nice being beside her as if what happened didn't effect our bond.

"Well, it was nice seeing you Caleb and congrats on all your success" with that she left. Strutting gracefully to her car and leaving the building.

"Caleb lets go!" Stephanie called from the car. I could see how happy she was that I was there but something inside of me wasn't happy seeing her anymore. I felt a deep guilt within the pit of my stomach.

Abby's back
************
Abby

Seeing Caleb I was a little frightening but I didn't let him get the best of me. I stood my ground and held my head high as if he didn't make me nervous. I didn't want him to confess his undying love for me or make good on the promise he made a year ago.

I kept things smooth and friendly as we spoke. I can't wait to tell the twins how boss I was today! I know that they'd be so proud to hear about how my day.
*************
Vote, comment, share💕

I've been gone for a while and there's no excuse but honestly I've just moved into my own place [yayy!!!] but I promise to update more.

Also let me know which of my books should I do majority of my updates on. Bye loves😘