Chapter 11

LIAM

Sitting in this bar all alone I thought about my relationship with abby and my brother. I love her with all of me but sometimes I cant help but to think that if my dad hadn't died would this still be the same. Of course it wouldn't, he wouldn't allow such acts to take place between us. So, how can I let him down now?

I made a promise to abby and my brother that I would be there but it seems lately I can't do anything right anymore. Does she love me anymore or am I just a package deal with Ethan. Nothing makes sense anymore. Where do I stand in this relationship or do I even belong in this relationship.

I hate second guessing myself in situations such as this.

"Are you just going to sit here all night sipping on.. vodka" A sultry voice spoke to me. Turning to get a better look at the voice that disrupted my thoughts I seen someone that I thought I'd never see again.

Her raven hair still shined and flowed down her back. Those green hypnotic eyes still looked deep into my soul. Her childish face still somewhat showed although she was now a woman.

"April"

"In the flesh lee" Her smile still dimpled and adorable but her appearance said otherwise. She matured from the once little girl trying to follow me and her sister around to this woman that seems to be attracting lots of male attention.

"What are you doing in Florida?"

"Well I got tired of living back in that old town. I decided I was grown now and I made my own choices and it so happen I ended up here." she took a seat next to me and threw her long hair being her back. The action was innocent but she made it seem anything but.

Is she flirting with me? No, don't be stupid Liam, you've drunk too much.

"All by yourself?"

"YUP! I GOT HERE AND IM LIKE WHAT NOW. THIS GIRL THAT WAS AT THE AIRPORT SEEN HOW LOST I LOOKED AND SHE JUST INVITED ME TO ROOM WITH HER AND IM LIKE STRANGER DANGER YOU KNOW BUT WAS HERE ALREADY AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY OTHER PLACE TO GO SO I ACCPTED AND NOW WE'RE BESTFRIENDS!" She very loudly exclaimed. The smile on her face and the pure innocence that I once knew was right here in front of me. Man I wish I didn't have any worries like she does it must be nice being younger.

"I'm glad that you're safe but you know how dangerous that could have been if it turned out she was targeting young girls like you"

"Oh please. My sister has taught me all about safety when it comes to strangers. I just trusted Maggie, she seemed genuine"

I bet her sister taught her how to look out for all of the signs of being around strange people and people she know considering who the hell she really is. I could never tell April about it. It'll ruin her and her sisters relationship.

"How is Claire?" I said out of kindness but quite honestly I could care less what she was doing or what was being done to her. She broke all trust with me once she did that to Abby when she was just seventeen. Fucking pedo.

"She's pulling through but lets not talk about her. I've finally get to get to see you after all these years I want to know what I have missed these few years"

"Not much. I'm engaged"

"ENGAGED! TO WHO! IS SHE NICE!" The excitement in her eyes caused me to laugh. She wanted to know if she was nice to me. That's a new one.

"She's very nice to me. To Ethan as well" I whispered the last part quietly. It somehow brought me back into my mood of second guessing myself in our relationship.

"OH! The weird brother"

I furrowed my brows and gave her a look to which she just watched me. I have never in all my years heard anyone say that Ethan was weird. Good-looking, funny, calm, outgoing. but never weird, not until April.

"Ethan isn't weird"

"Uh, yes he is. All he does is follow you around and when somethings wrong he always throws a fit, in which you being the awesome brother you are, cleans It up and make it better for him. He even has this weird thing he does with his eyes. So creepy" She shuddered. I couldn't contain myself and laughed until my stomach ached from all of the clenching.

"In my twenty-nine years of living I have never heard anyone say those words and actually mean them"

"Well its the truth. He use to creep me out"

"We're identical. So, I must creep you out as well"

"No, you are maybe a little too quite and a little too serious about things but never creepy."

I must admit that made me feel a bit better about myself. With all the things going wrong in my relationship I need a friend or something familiar to help boost me back to where I once was.

"Well it's late and I know Maggie's going to go all mom on me so I better get going and you should be with your fiancé"

"I really don't feel like going home tonight. I just need a breather from there right now" I resumed sipping on my drink.

"You know you can come back with me and have a night-cap" She offered.

"I don't think that's a great idea considering..."

"What? No, strictly a friend helping another friend and plus you're engaged I would never Liam. I'm quite offended"

"I'm sorry. This just has not been my night."

"So... Let's have a sleepover"

"Sure"

"YAYY!!!!!!!!"

And just like that I regretted my decision.

***********************************************

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE