Prologue

A school, or maybe it's more of a social ladder. The world is anything but normal. Students of all species and races and breeds gather here to hone their respective abilities. From Angels to Demon. To Sprites and Trolls and even Merfolk. A school full of anything unordinary. Just the place for a young witch in training.

Hearst Academy for the Wicked and Supernatural.

The school is devised of individual wings for each class. Spirits, Shifters, Demons, Angels, Mythical Beasts and Spellcasters. The school is also ranked by power and abilities to wield such powers. When entering a new year, or enrolling, each student is required to go through a series of mandatory exams and tests: both academically and physically. Showing their studious minds and how well they are able to control their powers in all sectors. Once the tests are completed, they are then Ranked.

Each Rank has its oven level in its respective wing. For example, a Rank A Spirit student would be located on the top floor of the Spirit building. While a Rank E would be on the ground floor. C and D Ranks are located on the same floors for the purpose of competition and the unwillingness to fall anything lower and to strive forward.

The school itself is comprised of 7 different buildings for each wing with the main building located in the center. To the right were the Spirit, Shapeshifter and Spellcaster buildings. To the left were the Angel, Mythical Beast and lastly Demon buildings. All connected through an open, outside corridor into and out of said buildings. The main building is used for a time to allow the students to intermingle. It is also used for school-wide assemblies or specific ceremonies.

The school is run by a board of retired professional masters of their own kind. One of each member of the board is also the head of each wing. The Headmaster is known only as the Spellmaster. As the title implies, he's at the top of his tier. Oddly enough though, he's never been seen by his student and only a select few of his board have claimed to see him - them - face to face. Perhaps the mystery of what they are is what makes them so compelling.

Aside from focused ability classes, mandatory skill core classes are held every other day to give students an equal balance of supernatural and mundane.

Like every other school, even this one has its cliques, clubs, and sports where all the different species and races come together. An odd concept: human sports play by nonhuman beings. Although, the supernatural always gave the games a twist that humans couldn't handle. For example, taking a basketball during a match and hurling it full force into the face of an opposing team member wasn't just entertaining and wince-inducing, but absolutely fair and a legal play.

Jocks, art freaks, plain freaks, beauty queens with their glamor kings, bookworms, straight laces, rule benders, frats, sorority, jacks of all trades, clique hoppers any and all you could think of: the school had it. All of the course watched by a student council.

The president of the said council was a cold, unfair 3rd-year gargoyle boy who was as stone and unfair as his heart. Unfair to most and makes sure to show his 'favorites' that they are indeed favored. Allowing unlawful exceptions to some and completely denying and even punishing others with no questions asked. He was a 'face of beauty' of course and to add to the stack his family heritage was nothing to sneeze at. A pretty boy with money was all he was. Money fell from his fingertips like rain from a cloud. Liem was his name. Aliased: Elias.

A ritual is performed by the head of the Spellcasters' each time a student; be it witch or warlock- reaches the potential to successfully retain stable magic and energy waves long enough to support another wave of energy. Or in other words, are strong enough to be able to create a bond with another being that reaches beyond just mere acquaintance. The ritual is completely decided by fate. The Gods, or whatever high power there may or may not be, selectively choose a being - normally a Shifter or Spirit - as a life long partner.

Even when Familiars are cast and bound, it's very rare they will change anything about their everyday lives. No classes or Ranks shall change or be shifted. All will remain the same. The only difference is that the duo will then be open for work. Dealing with magic based public affairs and containing possibly harmful supernaturals not yet in control of their power is the most common of jobs. The two are paid accordingly of course.

-TBC-