IX

"If this is how I feel about you now," he said again, in a whisper to not disturb you. "If this is it, I'm so glad I hated you." He chuckled as he slowly moved you to carry you, standing and disturbing the dragonflies around as he prepared to go back to his home. "I don't think I could hate you again if I tried. I'm starting to like you way too much."

The next morning, when his father went to wake his son up, he wasn't in his room. Instead, he found Jungkook sleeping beside you in your bed, still half-dragon. Wings folded on his back against the wall and scales adorning his cheeks. Holding you the same way his father used to hold his mother. With complete care and ease.

XXX

"I'm planning on going back home the last few days of break," Jungkook and you had been sitting on the front steps of his house when you opened your mouth and sprung the news on him. "I have some things I need to check up on, and something I have a hunch about. So, I'll be there a couple of days at least."

Jungkook didn't like the idea of you going to your house because Zaros was most definitely going to be there too. You being in such close proximity as him made Jungkook sick after all he's done to you. A quick glance at your covered arm was enough for him to know that for certain. He could feel his scales almost peek through his skin as he withheld a hiss. However, he knew you had your reasons- even if you didn't tell him what they were. He simply nodded.

"Alright," he said as your breath stalled. You expected more of a fight from him. "Just tell me when you want to go, and we'll go."

"You...you want to come with me?" You spoke with uncertainty and a raised, doubtful brow. Jungkook leaned forward to rest his forearms on his thighs as he looked up at you with a look that screamed just how dumb your question sounded to him.

"Uh, duh," he stated matter-of-factly. Grabbing your blighted hand, he placed it on his leg, sandwiching it between his hands. "If you think I'd let you go back there, to that house, by yourself- you thought wrong. I'm stubborn headed too, so don't even try to tell me no."

"I wasn't planning to, but duly noted," you chuckled with a few nods.

The next morning, Jungkook and yourself packed up and left his home. Leaving his house, father and little sister at your backs with a promise to come back and visit soon. Hopping back on the train and plunging back into the busy life of the city was something you'd have to readjust to. The process of getting off the train, just to roll back onto another one to go in the opposite direction to your home town was more tedious than anything else. Of course, Jungkook trailed after your back the whole time.

He never really saw you as a city gal, but your home town wasn't really a town, but a city as bustling as the one he just came from loading onto the train. Bustling with people and noises echoing around everywhere. Dragging your suitcase behind your legs, you stood at the curbside, flagging down a taxi.

The hideously yellow cab pulled over as Jungkook loaded yours and his bags into the back as you sat in the back seat. The dragon soon joined you in the back as he slid in and shut the door before the lock disappeared into the car door with a resounding click. The driver sat in the front now, firing up the cab's engine.

"Take us to Zaros Manor, please," you told the driver, unamusement laced in every syllable. Slightly shocked, the driver just lightly cleared his throat and nodded with a professional smile. Doing his job, he pulled off the curb and entered the traffic that is the city and you were on your way.

The ride was dead quiet. Something about cab rides made you conscious enough of every sound ever, and Jungkook was pressured into silence. He watched you stare out the window as the city outside blurred by. The frown drawn onto your face spoke louder than any words he could have told you. He knew you didn't truly want to be here, but he was sure your reasons were valid enough. So, he'd stand by you as support if nothing else, standing behind you to push you or catch your back if you started stumbling backward.