IV

Before the color of the world returned completely, you took quick precautions. Holding your staff firmly at your front, a large magic circle with scriptures of 'barrier' formed from the staff's tip. Spreading a surface wide enough to hold back the thunder from slipping past you. Already bracing yourself for it's decent, you just hoped you could take it.

The world's motion returned in an instant. In hand, so too did the chaos and your fight. The civilians below quickly grew frightened by the sudden looming threat crackling and booming overhead. Running and shoving in any which direction to try and escape uninjured. Meanwhile, a few noticed the magic acting as a shield and anchor, keeping the Thunder at bay. Only few took notice to the young Spellcaster holding back the calamity.

Jungkook shoved his way through the chaos of people, sniffing out Yoongi who was busy trying to evacuate people. He assumed Jimin was elsewhere, doing the same. Jungkook quickly grabbed onto Yoongi, getting his attention with his nearly too tight grip.

"Hey! Warlock! Go to help Y/n!" Jungkook screamed over the sound of the people, the sound of the thunder, the harsh winds against his ears that blew his hair everywhere. Yoongi shook him off his arm as he looked at the dragon. He seemed lost, his eyes flickering between their human brown and the dragon gold. "She's in my head," his voice shook almost in a panic.

Jungkook gripped his wrist as his whole hand felt like electricity was shooting into his veins. "I can feel it, she's going to break," Yoongi looked up, now finally taking a moment to assess the situation and recognize the Spellcaster was in fact you.

"What happened?!" Yoongi shouted in rage.

"I-I don't know! Some Warlock froze everything then he set that-" he pointed to the mass into the sky, "-thing- that destructive spell. Y/n is trying to stop it. It was her dad." Yoongi's eyes widened as Jungkook's lost voice towards the end, the sentence of her father willing to take such a dangerous risk almost too uncanny to fathom.

"Zaros was here? He spoke to her?" Upon hearing his name, Jungkook finally was able to recall his name. It was only natural Yoongi knew it off the top of his head.

"Yeah," Jungkook recalled the conversation between you two. The pleading and the cold distance between you two. It left a bitter taste on his tongue.

"You said he froze time," Yoongi began once more. "If that's the case, why were you able to confirm that? Are you saying you were somehow immune to his spell?"

Jungkook showed Yoongi his wrist. "I think.. It was because of this. It was surrounded by some light when I came to."

"A connection must nullify the effect of magic cast on a mass of people if the Master themselves are immune." Yoongi shook his head, his mind reeling back off the plate of what could and couldn't be and brought his focus back on you and your plight. "Forget it, where did he go?"

"He just vanished. I don't know where he went."

"Of course, that bastard." Yoongi pulled a talisman from the inside of his suit and thrust it into Jungkook's hands. "Listen, like it or not Y/n is your Master. As her Familiar in this very moment, this is your duty to try and make sure she stays alive. If that mindset doesn't sit well with you, then think of all the people you can't let die here."

Jungkook looked at the paper with black brush strokes. Was something so easy to shred really all that mighty? That was his thought as he stared at the word 'protection'.

"Jimin and I will get everything out. Please, help her. You can't possibly hate her enough to want her to die." Then, Yoongi turned his back, doing his own task in evacuation once more. Jungkook looked up to your form, struggling and shaking above him.