X

"Don't worry," you told him with a smile so weak it made him want to weep. "I'll keep you safe, so just go ahead and rest now, Jungkook. Sleep, that's an order."

He wanted to protest. Wanted to fight you on the subject of your words. He had to protect you- not the other way around. You were his master. But, he couldn't even open his mouth, words were so far from his grasp that speech was impossible. When your lips pushed against the skin of his forehead, his eyes slipped shut and he finally fell into sleep.

His back stinging with the sensation of white, hot lightning was the last thing he remembered feeling before the beginning of a dream that took root from the one tear he watched you shed- before he saw nothing at all.

"Wake up." A Whisper. Jungkook heard a whisper. "It's a new story with new scenery. Something you wished for." He couldn't reply back to the whisper. It was soft and gentle like the wind. It calmed him. "Wake up, Jungkook."

"Jungkook!" The boy flung up from his bed, wincing from the headache he just woke up with. "Get up, I'm not going to take a fall for you being late again."

"Eat me!" Was Jungkook's reply to his dumb roommate that was 2 years older than him. Jungkook sat shirtless in bed as he rubbed his brown eyes before looking out the window. The third floor of a basic apartment building he lived in as a senior in high school.

As he lugged himself across his room, he felt off. His pin covered school bag and letterman jacket on his closet door seemed like a mirage. The picture of his 2-year girlfriend seemed photoshopped even though he remembers the date they took that photo clearly in his mind. Even the background photo on his phone of his mother and him 3 months back made him teary-eyed.

Walking out of his room, he saw his tech-geek roommate and full-time nagger, Min Yoongi. Already in year 2 of college and Jungkook's friend since middle school. Insufferable, but still clever and a bit more reliable than one would think at first glance.

However, even that knowledge and long-time friendship just felt off.

"Dude, you look awful," Yoongi hit him with bluntly. Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," marching to get a bowl of cereal- some good ole plain Wheaties- Jungkook moved like a zombie all morning. Brushing his teeth with his cinnamon toothpaste even phased him because he swore his teeth were sharper. On the way to school, he sat in Yoongi's passenger seat. His friend always hitching him rides to and from school when he could.

"You seem off," Yoongi started. "You have some wack-ass dream or something?" Jungkook shook his head and mixed it with a shrug.

"I wish I knew. I just feel like I'm forgetting something. " Jungkook leaned his head against the window. Yoongi hummed in thought.

"Do you have some super important date with Suna or something." Jungkook shook his head again. No dates with his girlfriend- Suna- that he could recall. Yoongi just shrugged. "Maybe it's just you man." He stopped at a light and playfully ruffled Jungkook's dark hair. "You'll feel better as the day goes on, yeah?"

Jungkook just watched out the window as the world started blurring by as Yoongi moved the car again when the light turned. When Yoongi pulled into the school parking lot, a pair of feminine eyes caught the familiar car in her sight. Jungkook grabbed his bag and slid his body out of the car as Yoongi rolled the window down as Jungkook shut the door. Walking to the driver's side, he moved to talk a moment more with Yoongi when someone jumped on his back.

"Woah!" Jungkook yelped as he moved to instinctively hold the leg that wrapped around his back so that whoever was on him wouldn't immediately fall off him onto the hard concrete pavement. Looking over his shoulder, he saw the giggling face of Suna. He sighed. "What have I told you about jumping on me like that?" He saw her giggle fade into a pout.