VIII

Jungkook stood in his room at his bedside watching as you snoozed in the center of his bed. Curled up in his blankets, tucked to your chin in comfort. He chuckled as he ran his fingers through your messy bangs and hair.

"Precious," he whispered solely to himself. Back to normal, but with every single memory, you were told he'd forget. Though, he decided to not tell you that he didn't forget. He would act as though he was clueless of the life he was supposed to have forgotten about. Pretend to not remember the moments between the two of you.

Keeping the truth and this new- burning- emotion in his chest to himself.

XXX

You stirred awake in the morning due to the uncomfortable amount of sunlight hitting your face from the window. Groaning, you turned your back to the light and pulled your knees up, curling more into the blanket to get a few more minutes of sleep at least. You sighed through your nose at the welcomed warmth when you heard a voice in the kitchen.

"Well, pardon me for being disabled for a week," chanted Jungkook's voice in a hefty amount of sarcasm. Your eyes shot open as you gasped. You sat up, sitting for a moment before you heard him again. "We have a break coming up, so I'll be coming to visit." You kicked off the blankets wrapped between your legs and around your body like some cocoon. Half rolling and half falling out of bed, you ran out of the bedroom.

Going down the small hall to the kitchen, you saw Jungkook standing in front of the stove, his cell pressed to his cheek with his shoulder. The sizzling of the pan in front of him was almost as satisfying as the scent of the bacon he was frying in it. Stood in sweats and a white tee, his back to you as you watched his shoulders move and his shoulder blades narrowed before widening again as he moved the pan in front of him.

"Listen, if you weren't such a pushover, she'd listen to you better. She behaves just fine when I'm there," he griped at whoever was on the phone with him. You just stood silently in the doorway to the kitchen. He was talking normally, with the spite that he used to use in every conversation he had. He moved comfortably in his home to where he was making food and wasn't clinging to your side.

He just sighed and clicked his tongue at the person on the line when he shifted his footing and moved to stand in front of a cabinet, swinging it open and grabbing a plate. Setting it on the counter with a slight clunk, he turned the heat of the stove down to simmer as he pushed the bacon across the sizzling pan with his tongs once more.

"Whatever, I'm hanging up." He took the phone in his hand, ended the call and shoved the phone into the pocket of his sweats before he started picking the bacon strips up one by one, dripping any access grease off before setting it on the plate.

You panicked when he turned around, seeing you standing in the doorway. You opened your mouth, no words forming. Only your breath hitching like a criminal caught in the act. He just smiled as he waved you over.

"Hey, I was going to go wake you up," he told you. He grabbed the plate of bacon and moved to the beeping rice cooker that you didn't even realize was on. Grabbed the two bowls stacked beside it he loaded them up and offered you to come over. "If you don't take this bowl from me and eat something I'm going to be really upset," he teased.

"Oh!" You jumped as you walked to him, graciously taking the hefty bowl of rice from him. He walked by you out of the small kitchen to the living room where he set everything down. Rushing back into the kitchen and pulling two spoons from his drawer, he was soon pushing on your back to get you to move into the living room with him. "Jungkook?" You asked as he pushed down on your shoulders to sit you down on the ground.