3. Kidnapped from jail

Arianna's POV

The boy fell forward and Arianna caught him in her arms. After a couple minutes Varian came to. "Uhhh w-what happen" he groaned. Without hesitation she hugged him in a warm embrace. Varian still confused didn't hug back, but he didn't pull away either. Moments later the guards came in the room. "I need to talk to the king immediately" she said. "Ok" one of the guards said "We'll take the boy back to his cell." Arianna nodded in approval then left the room.

Rapunzel's POV

Rapunzel walked into the throne room and saw her parents in a serious discussion. She hoped she hadn't interrupted something. The Queen noticed her right away. "Rapunzel you're back" she said running towards her engulfing her in a hug. Rapunzel returned the hug tears stinging her eyes trying to keep it together. It had only been a few weeks but it felt like a lifetime. "We couldn't find the moon drop mom" Rapunzel mumbled. The Queen exchanged a look with the king "I'm afraid we have." Rapunzel pulled out of the hug "wait what."
"Rapunzel the moon drop isn't a flower..."
"Then what is it"
"It's a... person"
"What who" Cassandra said from behind them.
"Yeah who" Rapunzel said pretending she didn't already know.
"Varian" Arianna said. Immediately Cassandra's face turned to a look of disgust.
"We don't know that" she muttered obviously wishing it wasn't true. Rapunzel was with Cassandra she didn't want it to be true but she knew for a fact it was. Arianna then goes on the tell them everything that's happened.
"Varian is extremely powerful we mustn't let anyone know about this" the Queen said.
All three of them nodded.
"So what are we gonna do now" Rapunzel asked. Cassandra looked at Raps like she was crazy "Nothing it's not like he can escape." Rapunzel looked at the ground uncomfortably "I think he can control the rocks." Everyone looked at her. She continued "I think he can he just doesn't know how yet. And once he figures it out he can escape and cause so much more harm and who knows what." As much as Arianna wanted to believe he had changed this was still Varian. She turned around "What are we gonna do" she mumbled to herself. King Fredric butted in "We have to take lots more of safety precautions from now on there will always be a guard in front of his cell. Arianna you will no longer be aloud to visit him and he will have handcuffs on at all times." Arianna showed signs of anger towards her husband for telling her what she and can't do. None of that's going to help Rapunzel thought to herself nothing can withstand the moon drop. She didn't say anything though. She didn't have to. Everyone really knew deep down the moon drop had just been unleashed. And there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Varian's POV

The guard stopped him in front of his cell. He reached for the key but all of a sudden the guard fell to the ground. Varian looked down at the guard. He wasn't moving. He heard a sound and looked up. There was a woman standing in front of him coming towards him. He didn't know if he should run or ask who she is. All of a sudden she grabbed his arm "You're coming with me" she demanded. In a flight or fight response he shoved her away and started running. He made it halfway down the hall when he tripped. He tried to stand up but felt a sharp pain and fell back down. He looked behind him to see he had been stabbed in his right ankle. All of a sudden dots started appearing and everything went black...

Varian woke up in a room he's never seen before. He was sitting on the floor his back against a wall. He tried to move but his wrists were chained against the wall. Then he remembered his ankle. He saw a 2 inch gash from where he had been stabbed. Varian felt the warm blood soaking through his clothes. He grimaced in pain.
"So he's finally awake"
Varian looked up and saw a girl around his age. She had long black hair that went to her knees that was tied back in a low ponytail. She had warm chestnut brown eyes that were looking cold at the moment.
"Who are you and where am I" he asked dazed.
"I'm Arcelina and you're at my home" the girl said. "Varian and why am I here" Varian mumbled.
"I don't know cause my mom has a weird obsession thinking you're a descendent of the moon or something" she said. Then she walked up to him and grabbed his blue streak "this probably isn't helping matters." As she walked away she accidentally stepped on his ankle. Varian winced in pain. "Sorry" she said her angry face turning to a concerned one. She quickly changed her face back "I just can't understand why she's more obsessed with some kid then her own daughter."
"What about your dad" Varian asked.
"My father is a no good piece of trash. He abandoned me at birth." Arcelina muttered.
"Oh I'm sorry"
"What about your family" she asked.
"Well my mom died after I was born and my dad's..." Varian didn't know what to say. He didn't want to say dead but he wasn't exactly alive. "Not here at the moment." Arcelina looked confused but shrugged it off. "You know you don't have to help your mom you can set me free"
"Pfft yeah right. She'd have my head."
"You could come with me"
"We'd have to go on the run. We'd always be hiding always looking behind our backs. You wouldn't like that"
"Even if I went without you I'd still have to do that" he mumbled. She looked at him confused.
"I'm a wanted criminal. I was kinda in jail before this."
"So then why do you want to leave so bad. This was your life before so what's the problem now."
"I don't want to be trapped. I don't want to be stuck again. I need to be figuring out how to set my dad free" he didn't mean to say the last part. "Free? What is he also in jail" she asked. Varian looked at the ground "he got incased in the rocks."
"Wait the rocks" she practically screamed.
"Yeah what, do you know anything about them" he asked
"Are you kidding me it's my life work. Ever since the rocks appeared I've been studying them. Trying to figure out the reason behind them" she ranted.
"Are you serious so have I"
"Really have you learned anything about them"
"Just not to mix them with Flynnolium" he said awkwardly.
"Flynnolium? What's that"
"It's an element I made"
"Cool I've been trying to make element compounds as well but I-"
A glazed look came upon Varian's face. "I'm sorry am I boring you" Arcelina asked slightly insulted. He didn't say anything. "Varian?" she asked "Are you ok." It happened again. His hair went to a blueish white glow and stood up. As it did before it was that way for 10 seconds then went back to normal. But this time Varian didn't pass out. His head ached as he started to rub it. "Ow, what happened" he asked.
"That's why my mom wants you" Arcelina said stunned. "What? Arcelina you're really confusing me. Who even is your mom"
"Well" Arcelina started. "I know her by mom but others know her by the name Gothel."

A/N: I FINALLY UPDATED. I'M SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG BUT I TOOK YOUR ADVISE AND MADE IT LONGER. THIS CHAPTER IS ABOUT TWICE AS LONG AS THE OTHER TWO. I HOPED YOU LIKED IT AND DON'T WORRY THERE WILL BE AN EXPLANATION IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. LOVE YA. PS ALL THESE CHARACTERS BELONG TO DISNEY ACCEPT FOR ARCELINA SHE'S MY OC. OK BY