6. We need answers

Arcelina's POV

Arcelina slowly opened the door. She peered in and saw that Varian was already asleep.  She slowly walked in and shut the door behind her. She reached into her hair pulling a pin out. She walked over to Varian. She unlocked the chains on both his wrist careful not to wake him up.

She knew they weren't get anywhere until his ankle healed but she thought she could at least grant him the luxury of getting the chains off even if it was just for a bit. Both his arms dropped to the ground but he didn't wake up.

Arcelina sat to his right and before she knew what she was doing she laid his head in her lap slowly running her fingers through his hair. She stared intently at the blue streak. This was the reason he was here.

If he didn't have it her mother would have no need for him. She slowly reached over to a counter near her careful not to wake Varian. She fiddled with the pair of scissors now in her hand.

"I'm sorry Varian but this is for your own good" she muttered under her breath. And with that she cut the streak. She opened her eyes not realizing she had shut them expecting to see a full head of black hair instead she saw shattered scissors and a very prominent blue streak.

Cassandra's POV

Cass's eyes met the man's. There was confusion in both. Raps was the first to speak up "Quirin I-I thought you were trapped in the amber."
"I was but then there was a flash of blue and I was freed"

Cass, Raps, and Eugene all made eye contact. They were all thinking the same thing Moondrop. "Do any of you know where Varian is."

Again more awkward eye contact. They were all waiting it out trying to see who would crack first and tell him. Luckily they didn't have to cause Raps figured a way to tell him without actually telling him. "We were actually looking for him right now, haven't found him yet but we'll tell you if we do."

"Thank you guys so much. I know Varian is glad to have you all as friends" he said. And with that he turned around and walked in the opposite direction.

Rapunzel's POV

Rapunzel felt bad for Quirin. She didn't know how he'd react when he found out what Varian had did. The word friend lingered in the air. Was Varian still her friend. Of course not he tried to kill her mother. But she couldn't bring herself to call him an enemy.

This situation was crazy to begin with. She knew this was a fools mission. She knew that the possibility of finding Varian were next to none.

She wondered if they should just give up completely and go back. But part of her wanted to keep going. See what happened. See if there was anything worth all this pain.

If only they had some kind of lead. What did her parents expect for them to disappear for a few days only for them to then show up with him.

She turned her head to her team. "Well guys..."

"Where to now"

Quirin's POV

Quirin bit his lip. He was no fool. He knew that the blue flash was the moon drop. He knew his son's powers had been awaken.

But why. And how. What had caused them to suddenly just start working.

He punched a tree near him. After 14 years. 14 years trying to keep him safe. 14 years keeping this secret.

He wondered if it was even worth cutting his hair all those years ago. Not letting him know.
Maybe he wouldn't be here now if he had just not done that.

Maybe his son wouldn't have been interested in alchemy because he would have witnessed magic first hand as a child. Maybe then he wouldn't have been trapped in the Amber and separated from his son. Maybe-

No to many maybes and what ifs. He had to focus on what was happening right now. Even though he wasn't sure what that was.

He started to hear a cracking noise. He saw a blue flash. When he turned and looked he saw another rock. But there was something different about this one.

He couldn't figure it out but this wasn't the same as the rocks as before.

A/N: I'm sorry the author is a procrastinating asshole. This is short cause I knew I had to post something. Also I put it in paragraphs because I firsthand realized how annoying it is to not have it in paragraphs if that makes sense. Thanks for putting up with me.