9. Well crud

Rapunzel's POV

Rapunzel was free falling. Just as she was about to hit the bottom her hair wrapped around her to cushion her fall.

When it undid itself she was in about a foot of water. She looked up but she was so far down she couldn't see anything but a bit of light.

"Hello, can anyone hear me" she yelled.

"Cass"

"Eugene"

"Please someone, anyone" she cried out.

There was no one.

Raps promised herself she wouldn't let this trip get to her. But it did. She couldn't keep calm anymore. Couldn't act like things were a-okay.

She was literally at rock bottom. At this point she was thinking they should just give up and go back to the castle. This whole trip was stupid. It wasn't doing anything but tearing them apart.

She felt something sharp cut her leg. She yelped out in pain. She went to feel what it was and realized it was one of the rocks. Well a broken off piece from the bridge they made.

Rapunzel held the rock in her hands, clutching it close. The tears began to flow. The realization that the quest was the least of her troubles right now set in. How was she going to get out the the ravine.

Were Cass and Eugene looking for her? Had they given up? Did they get into a fight and split up? She needed to stop questioning things. Right now she had to focus on getting out.

She stood up feeling pain in her leg where it had been cut by the rock. She still had the rock in her hand, it covered in her tears. She looked around the dark ravine, water just under her knees.

She could hardly see around her. Raps tried maneuvering around the ravine. She kept walking for hours. It became dark and she couldn't see anything anymore. Eventually she realized she was gonna have to rest.

She looked down on the ground trying to find the shallowest part of water when she noticed the rock in her hand was glowing.

Raps was confused and tried to figure out what it was doing. She then realized it was pointing forward. Was the rock directing her? She kept walking forward ignoring how much her legs burned.

She was walking for about an hour. She was about to give up when the rock went out.

"No no no" she muttered shaking it trying to get it to start again. She sighed giving up.

Rapunzel leaned against the side of the ravine. She was ready to pass out when she realized the wall felt weird. She turned around and felt it with her hands. It would be dangerous but it felt almost like a climbing rock wall.

She held her breath. The rock had lead her to the right place. She clutched onto the wall. She was getting out of here.

Varian's POV

Varian woke up his head in immense pain. Even though he had just come to he immediately wanted to go back to sleep.

The room was spinning and his ears were ringing. He was in too much pain to realize he was no longer chained up.

Everything hurt. Varian was trying hard to recall what had happened. But he couldn't. Gosh dang it why couldn't he remember.

Arcelina was no where in sight. He didn't care or have enough strength to call out for her. He wished he could get out of here more than ever.

His jail cell in Corona was better than this. At least the pain he felt there was somewhat self inflicted.

Here he had no control. No control over what happened to him. No control over his powers.

Varian pondered it even more. The boy had no control over his life. He never had any friends cause everyone thought he was weird cause of his obsession with alchemy.

He never met his mom cause his dad said she died due to illness shortly after his birth. It was just him and his dad. But that itself was enough.

And now he had lost the one thing that mattered most to him. And it was his fault. It was all his fault.

He hugged his knees as cried until the world went black.

Rapunzel's POV

Rapunzel climbed for what felt like forever. Her hands and feet were cut up and bleeding. But the light of the moon made up for it all. She had finally made it to the surface.

She look around, Cass and Eugene nowhere in sight. It shouldn't have shocked her. She shouldn't have expected them to spend all day here until she got out. But it still hurt.

She saw more rocks in a path ready to lead her. She would follow them tomorrow.

Rapunzel went to lie down but a certain cluster of rocks felt weird to her. It was like they were calling her over.

She walked over to them and put her hand on them. They lit up around her hand.

She could feel someone else's presence through the rock. She knew immediately who it was.

"Varian?"

"Rapunzel?"

A/N: Hey y'all thx for reading. How's quarantine been for you? I've been pretty bored but my birthday's next week so that'll be fun. Any of you have any fun experiences? Anyway I hope you all are safe and healthy and I'll see you all again soon 😊❤️