chapter sixteen

The time was up. Min Yoongi held the boy in a warm hug. The same door he used to see from the playground now in front of his face once again. Jimin held onto Yoongi like it was the last time he'd ever see Yoongi. "I have to go inside" Jimin muttered very softly, noticing how Yoongi never loosened his hold. Yoongi sighed and let go, moving back Jimin's bangs to kiss his forehead.

"Go inside. I don't want you getting sick again.." Yoongi put on a smile when Jimin did. Jimin waved. Yoongi waved back. Why did it feel like they were breaking up in one of those dramas Jimin's always been obsessed with? God knows why but that's what it seemed like. "Bye bye" Yoongi continued to wave.

"Bye bye." Jimin smiled and continued to wave before stopping soon after. He ruffled Yoongi's hair. "I'll see you on Wednesday. Three days Min Yoongi. Don't forget to come watch me water the roses, k?"

Yoongi chuckled and nodded, shoving his hand back into his pocket. "Not once have I missed it, never will. I'll see you Wednesday."

Just like that. Yoongi was back on his schedule that just didn't seem normal anymore. He'd go home and sleep at the same time as usual. Like Jimin was never there. It did seem a little fucked up but he was trying his best to pray that the week would go by fast and just stop on Wednesday. But it was only Sunday.

His phone began to scream at him, way earlier than he's supposed to be getting up for work. It was Monday 2:14am and Park Jimin was calling him.. at 2.. 14... am. Yoongi clicked the green button, putting the phone to his ear.

"Sorry for calling so late - I... I couldn't stop thinking about you." Jimin spoke quietly into the phone with a soft giggle. It was Jimin's first night back at home after all.

Yoongi chuckled into the phone, but it was quiet and raspy from being woken up. For once he wasn't as angry when woken up. Maybe because it was Jimin. "It's okay, don't worry about it. Call me whenever you'd like"

Jimin was heard shuffling on his bed. "Mm." He mumbled and got comfortable. "I miss your dumb face"

"I miss your ugly laugh." Yoongi smiled and closed his eyes. The phone tucked right between his ear and pillow.

"Yeah? I miss your awful smile."

"Mm. I miss you. With those perfect little eyes of yours." Yoongi completely threw Jimin off with the comment, unlike the last few that were with a joking tone.

"Can.. we FaceTime? I just. It feels so empty here." Jimin complained and stretched out.

"Yeah. Give me a minute."