chapter nineteen

Jimin smiled and stayed as close as possible to Yoongi. Yes Jimin was in a sweater and slides but he looked really comfortable. Yoongi started small conversation with Jimin.

"So. How's your mom?" Yoongi asked as Jimin suddenly fell quiet.

"She's sick. That's.. why maybe when you come over Wednesday day.. we could tell her about us?" Jimin nibbled of his bottom lip as Yoongi nodded.

"Yeah we could. If your ready we can." Jimin smiled at Yoongi's sentence.

"Really?? You sure?" Jimin smile only brightened, his eyes turning into crescent moons. Yoongi pecked his lips a few times before nodded with an "of course" comment.

Jimin let go of Yoongi's hand was he saw the cafe near. Jimin pouted and sighed. "I don't like it."

"Don't like what?" Yoongi asked and started to walk a bit slower, wanting to hear Jimin's soft voice for a few more seconds.

"You having to leave me." Jimin mumbled and kicked a pebble out of his way. "I just want you to lay with me all day and do completely nothing."

"We can. Once I get into a steady place. With a nice job that can pay for my apartment and my clothes." Yoongi smiled. "But that takes time."

"Well.. you're good at the piano.. maybe you could get a job around that?" Jimin suggested and pulled Yoongi down to peck his lips. "I have to head back home, and you need to get to work on time. We'll talk later."

Yoongi's smile faded once Jimin started to walk back. He felt a bit empty again. Yoongi used to tell himself he was independent and could go out and do his own little thing. But now he was codependent and now separation issues have also joined into that same mess. Days used to go by fast. It was already the first day back to his normal schedule and it felt slow when Jimin wasn't there. It frustrated him.

He quickly opened the door, welcomed by the ding of the bell. but yet it managed to drop all his thoughts at the door for him to pick up after work. He started to work. He was doing everything since he could use the extra cash and coworkers had the flu and he didn't want them to have the burden of catching up after recovering.

He washed the dishes when needed. He took orders at his designated tables, and other tables. He delivered food to those same tables and the to-go costumers. He cleaned the floors. He was doing everything he could. He also was working overtime today. He knew that he probably shouldn't overwork himself, but in his mind he saw it as a way of exhausting himself so he could actually get a decent night of sleep without wishing Jimin was there.

But now. Now that he let it seep into his head. It almost sounded like he was pushing Jimin away cause he was too close for comfort. It wasn't like that. He swore to himself it would never be like that. But he also swore he'd never be codependent. Cause that leads to lack of independence. And Min Yoongi needed independence. For the schedules sake.