act actwoo

ALMOST THREE YEARS LATER.

The five boys sat around the mic clad table, laughs and light hearted conversation flowing around the room, as they answered question from 'BBC 1' radio.

"So Brandon, Yes?" the interviewer clarified making sure he didn't misspeak. "Yes?"

"I see today is an important day for you, or at least close to an important day for you, so can you tell us about that?" He asked prying a little too deep. Brandons visual look had changed by the question. His skin turned a ghostly white and remembrance of the only person he could ever say he loved flashed before him.

Brandon had to step back and assess what was happening. He felt disrespected by the question but he didn't want to be rude by turning it down.

"I-" He was cut off by a quick anecdote from Zion. "Um that's kind of a touchy subject can we skip the question, please?" He asked as politely as he could causing the interviewer to switch his eyes between the two and nodded.

"I'm sorry, moving on," the interviewer said and continued with the interview like the question hadn't existed. Like Angie never existed.

Since her death Brandon was a shell of his old self. When he came home from the hospital that day he locked himself in the apartment and didn't answer phone calls, texts, or simply even the door, he didn't want anyone but his Angie.

He stayed like this for four months drastically thinning and looking as bad as she did. The only time he left was for her funeral two weeks after her death and more concern was lied onto him than her parents by her parents.

After the funeral he took his place back in the bed they shared not leaving it and voiding his promises to Angie already. In the time he spent alone, at first, he would stare at the door hoping she'd barge in and yell at him for not listening and make him get his life together, but she didn't and she wasn't going to.

After the first full month Brandon turned from silence to music making song after song trying to avoid the mourning he was so desperately ready to fall back into. In his writing he decided his bed wasn't where he could get his point so gradually his bed became his living room and on some occasion it would be on the deck of the two bedroom apartment.

In every song they all focused on one thing: Angie. In the songs he celebrated her for who she was and what she made him instead of how she was gone and wasn't returning. Gradually he learned to keep his promise.

In the sixth month he moved out of the apartment, keeping the promise ring he bought her when he got his first paycheck as a keepsake. He got it attached to a chain so he could wear it with the various others. He never wanted to forget her; he refused to.

Brandon left with his things, the ring, and a bear she held close to her and wanted to give to their child one day. After her parents took the rest of her stuff he let the apartment go and moved into the prettymuch house.

In some time he grew comfortable being posted everywhere again and finally decided to record the songs he made. In a month of his return to the public the band released BLiND, a song he wrote in the hospital as he sat beside her. He was keeping his promise.

He was going to remember her.

CHARACTERS.

🐝🖤☁️

LEI BRIANA QUAYE.
"I may not be her and I never will be,
but let me be somebody to you."

BRANDON MICHAEL LEE ARREAGA

"That's all I can ask you to be."

PRETTYMUCH

PRETTYMUCH.
( AUSTIN DALE PORTER. EDWIN JOEL HONORET. 

NICK CARTER MARA. CALEB ZION KUWONU. )

"Moving on? No Brandon.
Tell lies to Angie? Yes Brandon."

NALA BELSHORA

NALA BELSHORA.
"Why he worried about you so much man?
He tryna suck you up or sumn?"

"Why he worried about you so much man? He tryna suck you up or sumn?"

LEI'S PLAYLIST.
are you bored yet? wallows ft clairo
creation. sabrina claudio
New York. harry styles
Shame. summer walker
Ryd. steve lacy
Complicated. raiche
no tears left to cry. ariana grande

ACT ONE • 012119-020619
( since I didn't make a thing for act one )

ACT TWO • 020719-022119 & 030619