9

Annie's P.O.V.

I have art last and it's my favorite class ever. Plus the teacher, Mr. G, loves me.

I don't wanna brag but I'm a pretty good artist I think. It's just really relaxing to draw and doodle on everything.

I always just sketch on my worksheets and papers during class. The thing is that I can just doodle during class and still get perfect grades.

Well...

Except for Spanish.

I don't get the point of knowing another language and one that is so confusing. I am in honors everything except Spanish and it's so frustrating.

Okay, let's not think about that when we're in our happy place, Annie. I continued to shade in the wings of the dragonfly I'm drawing.

I think it's pretty cool and dragonfly's are amazing animals. Just starting with their name.

Dragonfly.

I just find it satisfying. That's the main reason people think I'm weird. I say random words, that I feel are satisfying, out loud in the middle of a class.

Like one time I was in science and we were talking about sleep patterns and that reminded me of that mouse that is running around in the walls by my bed and how they always wake me up.

Then my mind went to how elephants are afraid of mice because they have bad eyesight and when they see a small little thing dart past them they get surprised.

So out of no where I just said, "Elephant." Kinda loudly in science and people gave me odd looks.

What was I talking about before? Well, technically thinking but y'all know what I mean.

I looked down at my drawing and smiled a little. And the bell rang making me jump. Another thing to know about me is that I get scared at the littlest things.

If someone as much as says my name when I don't see them I scream. Oh, yay. I have dance practice now.

I packed my sketchbook into my backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

"Annie, before you do I would like to talk to you for a bit." Mr. G said pulling me aside.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

"I was hoping that you would want to submit a pice of you work to the regional art show that's coming up in a few months." He said and that took my off guard a little.

"What?" I asked confused, "I-I mean y-yes I would love that." I said smiling.

"Great, the deadline is in two months so just get it to me before then." Mr. G said smiling back.

"Okay, thanks." I said and walked up from the basement to the locker room.

I put on my Attaway gray t-shirt and black leggings. While I walked out of the locker room I put my hair in a ponytail.

"Hey, you ready for Jayden's little speech we know she's gonna give?" Anna asked walking up to me and we walked in the gym together.

"Give her a break. We both know how good Power Surge she just needs to know that we're gonna do our hardest we possibly can." I said as we walked up to the other girls.

"Finally you guys are LATE!" Jayden yelled and me and Anna.

I looked at my watch and said, "Yeah, by like 3 minutes."

"And that's three minutes wasted that we could have been using to practicing to beat Power Surge. That's it all of you, run suicides." She commanded.

"What? For how long?" Sydney asked.

"When I say you can stop." Jayden said crossing her arms.

"Ugh, this is gonna be a long practice." I said and we started running back and fourth.

After like more then an hour of straight running Jayden yelled, "Alright, you guys can stop."

And we all collapsed to the ground breathing heavily. "Okay, let's start practice." She said clapping her hands.

"W-what?" I breathed out.

"Stand up ladies, we're gonna go through the routine until we have it perfectly down." Jay said. "GET UP." She yelled. 

________________________________

"That was the longest practice ever." Anna complained once Jayden left the gym.

"I can't feel my legs." Sydney said lying down on the floor.

"We all know how good Power Surge and Millwood are. I thinks she's just a little nervous about regionals." I said.

"You should all be nervous about regionals and not because of Millwood." Some one said behind us.

We all turned around to see Power Surge with their arms crossed and with Lexi in the front.

"You know who should be nervous. You because we're gonna crush you." Sydney said standing up, "Oww, okay, ow, oww." She said putting her hands on her leg.

"Ha, you can barely stand. What makes you think you can dance. Let's go girls." Lexi said snapping her fingers and the left.

"Syd, seriously?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"My legs hurt soooo much." She complained.

"Whatever. It's all done now. And I feel like I'm gonna vomit. So I'm gonna go but I'll see y'all tomorrow." I said walking out of the gym.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket and texted Hayley.

Me:
I'm ready to leave. Just meet me at the car.

Hayley💫💙:
I got a ride home.

Me:
I'm sorry?

Hayley💫💙:
I guy in my class, Julian offered me a ride home with him.

Me:
Why

Hayley💫💙:
Because there is no way I'm gonna get into a car with you.

Me:
Okay. Ouch.

Hayley💫💙:
Just stating facts sis

I just rolled my eyes. Am I really that bad a driver?

Nope.

I don't think so.

_____________________________

Merry Christmas!!!

Love you all💜🦔🌻