Chapter 4: Learning

Hello everybody! :) So... I know I've apologized a hundred times, but I'm going to do it again. Updating has been hard because of all the homework I get in school and doing a sport. I really wanted to post because I'm not going to have internet for the weekend and I know I probably wouldn't update until next Friday if I didn't today. So... I did! I made myself do it! :) Warning though, I only edited once or twice so... please point out any typos, grammer, etc. mistakes! 

By the way guys, this story is up to over 1,000 reads already! Wow, that's simply amazing and all of you reading are just wonderful! :) Thank you all so much for reading, commenting, voting, etc. It really does mean the world to me! 

I decided to put a song for this chapter just because I realized how increadibly PERFECT it is for the whole story! Yes, that's right! Somebody That I Used to Know! I love this song, so... I just had to share how perfectly it fits (if you change the meaning a bit). 

Anywho, sorry for the long author's note, but thanks for bearing with me! Next update will hopefully be... next Sunday at the latest? I said HOPEFULLY! I'll try to update sooner, I just don't have a lot of time during the week. So thanks for reading this (if you actually did), love you guys! :) Read on! 

Dana

            Zayn is famous. In a boy band no less. I’m sure that before everything happened I was happy for him, but now… I’m not so sure. Now, it seems like too much to handle. 

            He’s going to be so caught up in concerts and signings and interviews that I feel like I’ll be on my own. And I admit it; I don’t want to be on my own. I know my reasoning is selfish and that I should just be proud to say he’s my brother, no matter how much I remember, but I can’t help but let a little part of me feel sorry for myself for having to deal with it all.

            And though I may not remember anything else, I know how universal things work, like the paparazzi for example. Remembering my own life is hard enough, now I have to deal with the whole world trying to figure it out because my brother is in a famous boy band?

            He’s your brother, I scold myself. Be happy for him. I’m sure you were before the accident.

            If I don’t have Zayn, I feel like I don’t have anyone. He said the rest of the family is in Bradford and the rest of the boys will be with him, doing their jobs. 

           Despite not really knowing anyone, including myself, I have a feeling that I can trust Zayn. He is my brother after all, and he’s being kind enough to take care of me even while he’s working.

       And what was that back at the car? I mean, to anyone it seems like a brother just being overprotective but to me… it was different. I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but it was something different than that. 

            “Are you alright?” Liam’s voice cuts through my thoughts, jolting me back to reality. 

            My face heats up almost instantaneously.

           “Aw look,” Niall teases. “She’s blushing.”

         I just purse my lips. I was only blushing because they caught me off guard, right? Not thoughts of… Zayn. My brother. No, I’m not even considering that idea.

          “I’m fine,” I say as we finally manage through the door together. “You jus-“

         My voice cuts itself off as I see the inside of the house. It’s absolutely massive. All the rooms are, for the most part, connected, leaving the space completely open. The kitchen sits glistening with marble countertops next to the dining room holding a huge mahogany table set. Taking up the other side is the living room where a gigantic flat screen television poses on the wall with dark, leather furniture.