Chapter 7: Laughing

Hey lovelies! First, I should apologize for being a few days late on this update... I feel really bad about it, but teachers and school are evil and like to give me an absurd amount of homework and tests to study for over the weekend. -_-

Anywho, the update is here now! I wrote half of this yesterday so... I hope it all still fits together well enough. I've only edited once, but... I didn't sleep well last night so I'm not up for a full on edit. As you'll notice, this is (for the most part) a "fluffy" chapter, so to speak. But I feel like this story could use one of those moments, you know? 

I guess we'll see if it sits well with you guys. :) 

(PS- Guys, the amount of support for this story is TREMENDOUS. Thank you all so much for reading, it's completely mind-blowing! :) I'm so glad people are enjoying it as much as I am!)

Read on now! :)

Zayn 

“Zayn!”

            My eyes widen and I take a step backwards, stumbling into Harry.

            The instant I opened the door, Dana was just standing there like she had been waiting the whole time for me, a face-splitting grin on her face.  

            “What?” I ask, seeing that she looks more energized than I’ve ever seen her before.

            “Can we go out somewhere?” She blurts, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet like a child requesting a treat from their parents.

            I glance back at the rest of the boys, who give me mixed looks of confusion and indifference. Pushing past her into the house, I contemplate what would happen if we legitimately went out somewhere. 

            “You’ve seen the fans Dana,” I say slowly, trying to place my words carefully. “How do you really think that would go?” 

            She deflates for only a fraction of a second before springing back to life again, possibly more wound up than before. “Please Zayn!” She begs. “I’m tired of being cooped up in the house. It’s been over a week and I feel so much better now!”

            Louis walks over at that moment, slinging an arm around my neck, trapping me in a headlock. “Where do you fancy going exactly?” He asks, watching Dana with a smile. 

            “Lou,” I warn, clawing uselessly at his arm, as he only continues to ignore me, remaining attentive to the girl in front of him. 

            Dana’s eyes light up at the suggestion that she may get her wish. “Well… I’d like it to be somewhere open,” she says. “Not a building. Maybe a park or a lake, or something outdoors.”

            Liam chooses to chime in from where he sits on the couch with Harry and Niall. “I think that would be a great idea. Lots of fresh air, some water would be nice, it is summer after all.”

            Of course. The always sporty and adventurous Daddy Direction and the goofball Tomlinson have to go and make things even harder for me. What is the press going to say if they see all of us spending time with Dana? They’re going to assume something far from what we want.

            “I vote the lake!” Harry cries, shooting his arm up like an eager student in class. “Let’s go to the one out of the city! Hardly anyone’s ever there and we can just make up a press story if we have to!”