[ Preview ]

COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012

___________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

PREVIEW:

"Stop fighting me!" She snapped, caging me in her arms. Her body flushed against mine while I struggled to get free. Her cigarette and lavender scent filled my nose but I tried to resist the feelings inside of me, raging to spring free and let my body be in control like the other times, though, I couldn't.

I had to get away from her. Far away where her touches, her kisses, her very presence could affect me. I didn't like feeling vulnerable. I didn't like to be under someone's control why they try to break me. I wanted to be away from this all...and 'this' included her. Betrayed and broken, I would not let myself be entranced by her melodic voice. A symphony of lies and deceit. My very own siren's call. For years, I've felt secured being locked in my room, safely hidden behind those familiar walls. I didn't crave for the adrenaline nor danger that I've felt after she barged in.

Each night I wondered whether the next day I wake up, it would just be a dream and the exciting life I've danced in was nothing but my imagination. But the thought of waking up tomorrow held no promise because when I gazed into those amber eyes, I knew there were no promises to make. None to fulfill the hunger roaring inside of me. Nothing but the hollowness that was once my heart.

My struggles waned, my body slouching into those arms I've once yearned to have them around me...but not anymore. My eyes glazed over, fixated by those amber eyes that gazed back at me with emotions swirling inside of them like a raging hurricane. They were unreadable, difficult to be registered perfectly. Tingles that were now foreign to me still coursed through my body, butterflies with their broken wings crashed in my stomach.

My mind was disconnected from my body as tears slipped down my cheeks. Tears that held everything that I've felt. She brushed them away with her thumbs, her stained red lips pierced in a tight line as those amber eyes hardened, concealing what she really felt. Becoming the stranger when I first met her. A stranger who only held her scars hidden and her story untold.

"Let me explain," her melodic voice snapped me out of my defeat and I fought against her hold once more.

My trembling fists pounding against her chest yet she didn't stop me. She didn't stop me when I threw insults at her. She didn't stop me when I withdrew my hand and slapped her, hard. The sound of my hand hitting her cheek echoed in the silent hall. Her head whipped to the side and I watched that jaw clench and unclench, reigning her anger. Her body shook with fury wavering while I stood there, feeling nothing towards the war that was happening inside of her.

She broke me and I'll never forgive her for that. She destroyed me and rebuild me into something I'm not. I lost friends because of her. I almost lost my brother just for stepping into her dangerous world. A monster that I was becoming, I had to end it. End all ties and forget the life I always thrived for.

"You've very much explained yourself," I gritted out, my eyes narrowing into a glare while those amber eyes were emotionless as a sigh escaped those lips of hers.

She ran a delicate hand through those raven black waves, looking beautiful the whole time she'd done it, "Eavesdropping into my conversations with other...acquaintances," she growled out, those amber eyes finally flashing fury in them, "and jumping into conclusions isn't close to an explanation."

"Oh, really?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Every word escaping from your mouth sounded darn right truthful and those kisses you shared with her didn't much seem as if I was such an importance to you. If I was such a burden like you've told her, you should've dropped me at my brother's door step and never see me again!"

"You're not a burden!" Her voice grew louder as I was pushed against the walls, her nails slowly digging into my skin. "You're not a burden..." She whispered, lowering her gaze.

"Then?!"

Those amber eyes flickered to mine and I gasped at the intensity in them. Such fire that brewed in them. The compassion that cried out to be shared. "I'm scared..." She whispered, sighing softly.

I watched her slowly step back, her arms dropping to her sides as I stood there, shocked. Kat Blacksmith--the most dangerous, rebellious girl in Boston--was scared?

"What are you scared of?" I asked, my heart pounding wildly in my chest as those foreign eyes gazed back at me once more.

"I'm scared," she repeated, taking a step forward, those eyes never leaving mine. "I'm scared of losing someone that I love."

And then, those lips I've swore never to kiss crashed against mine and I drowned in my own foolishness all over again.

___________________________________

Just a preview of my upcoming story which I would start writing after I finish BH&LS and TKG.

Tell me what you guys think! :D

I love your comments even if I don't reply :'C

<3