Chapter Three: Too Many Dumbasses

Logan Rivers up above!

CHAPTER THREE | TOO MANY DUMBASSES

♡♛♡

"Avery should be here by now!" West shouted angrily. He paced around the room and repeatedly ran his hand through his hair. Avery doesn't stay at college for long, because he doesn't have a dorm yet. He still needs to make arrangements and move out. Now, Avery is an hour late, and West is getting worried. West glanced at me, and narrowed his eyes. I was the only one in the living room since the rest were upstairs. "What are you looking at?"

"A dumbass," I muttered.

He glared, which didn't affect me since he's done that way too many times. Ignoring me, he pulled out his phone once again and dialled Avery's phone number. He started shouting into the phone when the automated voice message came on. He ended the call, sat down next to me - which is new - and set his hands in his head.

I know I shouldn't feel bad for West, but I couldn't help it. He's twenty-two and he's trying to take care of six kids in total. Biting my lip, I hesitantly reached for his hand, but he saw and jerked back. West looked into my eyes for a total of ten seconds, before getting up and stomping upstairs. Sighing, I put my head down, and stayed in that position for a while.

I heard the stairs making a creaking sound after about a few minutes, I didn't put my head up. I heard the chair beside me scratching against the wood floor, making goosebumps appear. I glanced up, looking at Cayden who was giving me a smile. He put his laptop down and started typing away.

The others know about Cayden and I. How he didn't actually betray me like the rest of them. Once, all of them were having dinner, while West didn't make me dinner. Cayden got infuriated and yelled at West for being selfish. I tried reassuring him that it was fine, but he wouldn't listen. That's when West asked why he was standing up for me and Cayden told them all. "What college are you thinking about?" I asked Cayden randomly, who shrugged.

"I may as well go to Redwood," he told me.

Redwood College is the college that everyone has been to. First West and Theo, before they dropped out, the twins have already graduated - which I forgot to mention, they were in New York City - and now Avery was attending Redwood. Redwood is also a great college, I heard amazing feedback on it.

I was about to say something else when the door opened. Avery came in, sighing over dramatically, before taking off his jacket and throwing everything he hand onto the couch. We watched him silently, before making his way to the stairs. He gave Cayden and I glance, scoffed, and ran up the stairs.

We looked at each other and counted down in unison. "Three, two, one."

Simultaneously, we both covered our ears as West dragged Avery by his ear down the stairs, which made Avery whine in return. Covering my ears wasn't enough, because West started spewing out curse words, and I heard all of it. "Where the hell were you, Avery?! You can't keep doing this! I'm getting old, man--,"

"You sure are," I mused, smirking at him. West glared at me and pointed a finger in our direction, making Cayden quietly snort beside me.

"Shut up and mind your business," he retorted, turning back to Avery, crossing his arms. "Are you going to answer?" West's eyes glared into Averys', obviously trying to intimidate him. But all of us were used to is - mainly me - and we just don't feel threatened by him.

"I was with Quinn," he answered with a shrug.

Quinn is Avery's girlfriend. She's nineteen like Avery. I haven't really met her, all I know is that they've been together for a pretty long time. Cayden told me Quinn has been Avery's longest girlfriend, which, I'll give it to him, is great. She honestly sounds like a genuine person, and, honestly, I wish I could meet her.