Chapter Six: How Many Years?

CHAPTER SIX | HOW MANY YEARS?

♛♡♛

"Avery?!" I screamed into the hand, but of course, it came out muffled. He put his finger to his lips, motioning me to be quiet while giving me a hard look. He leads me downstairs, away from the rooms.

He uncovers my mouth, standing in front of me with his arms crossed. "Now, tell me. Why were you snooping around the twins' room at--," he quickly glanced at the clock, "twelve thirty at night?"

I scoff, "Why do you care?" I asked him. He said nothing, making me roll my eyes in irritation, before spinning on my heel, done with this useless conversation. Clearly, he wasn't going to let me get away too fast. He grabbed my elbow, spinning me around, staring into my eyes with an unreadable expression.

"Do you want them finding out?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. At this point, I let out a laugh, yanking my arm out of his hold and crossing my arms.

"How would they? They're sound asleep," I told him. This time, it was his turn to roll his eyes. He held out his phone, waving it in my face.

"I'm not as dumb as you think I am, Norah. I recorded you," he told me, smirking in accomplishment. I pursed my lips, a little intimidated. Seeing my expression, he smiled in success.

"Fine," I said, slumping my shoulders, "I went into their room because--,"

"What's going on in here?" A voice demanded, flicking on the lights. Both Avery and I flinched, spinning around, to see an angry looking West with a raised eyebrow.

I was about to say something that wouldn't be really smart saying, especially to West, except he held up his hand, making me shut my mouth. "Nevermind, I don't want to hear it. Both of you, upstairs. Now."

I winked at Avery, who was left there glaring at his older brother before I went upstairs, bumping my shoulder into West purposely. I couldn't help but turn around as soon as I got upstairs, flipping both of them off, and sticking my tongue out.

They had too many chances... Will I ever forgive them?

M O R N I N G

"Norah, wake up!" Someone screamed in my ear. I jolted up, looking at who woke me up so inhumanly. I narrowed my eyes at Cayden, who was grinning creepily. "I'm surprised you didn't scream."

"I'm surprised you didn't break your voice after that scream," I told him, shaking my head. He chuckled quietly, getting up. Before he left, I grabbed his hand.

"Logan's the twins' brother's best friend," I said. He looked at me, a little confused. "The twins have a best friend. Logan is his brother," I explained more slowly. He slowly nodded, processing the information I told him.

"Wait," he said after a second, "if Logan is the brother of the twins' best friend, why would he hate us?"

"That's what I'm wondering, but, I guess we need to know the full story. Look," I unplugged my phone from the charger and went to my camera roll. I showed him the picture of what could possibly be Logans' brother. "That might be Logans' brother."

"He's good looking," was Cayden's response. I rolled my eyes, playfully slapping his shoulder. Before he could retort, we heard West call us downstairs.

We both went downstairs to an unexpected scene. There stood my stepbrothers, lined up. Both twins glared at me with a grim expression. Avery was smirking at me, while West and Theo had their arms crossed with disappointment evident on their faces.