[4]

[FOUR]

[FOUR]

"I think I live in my head, sometimes I think that I'm dead, I hide behind my youth. No, I been losing my mind and I'm a little behind, step inside my shoes."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

JAEHYUN wiped the snow off of his boots on the mat by the door, and peeled his large winter coat away from his arms and hung it on the coat hanger. His eyebrows knitted together at the tranquility of his home, as there was usually at least some noise. He walked inside further, and shouted, "Mom?" There was no answer, but soft shuffling aroused closer to Jaehyun.

His mother peaked around the corner, flashing him an insincere smile. "Hey Jae," she spoke, eyes flickering around anywhere but him.

Jaehyun's eyebrows perked in concern, because any logical and smart human being would know that she was hiding something. He urged to move forward to the hallway where the bedrooms were, but his mom blocked the way. He halted, worry now evident on his face. "What are you doing?" he asked slowly, analyzing his mother's suspicious body language.

She shook her head. "I—I wouldn't, um, Donghyuk is sleeping."

Jaehyun still continued to walk quietly to the hallway, his mother trailing closely behind his feet. He stopped at Donghyuk's door and reached for the doorknob when his mom squeaked out a "no!"

His hand stopped midway in the air, and he turned back to her. "I am if you don't tell me what's going on right now," he said calmly, and his mother chewed on her lip. He gave her only a minute to say something, but unfortunately she didn't once the time ran out. Jaehyun opened Donghyuk's door, it creaking warily. He stepped inside, and was shocked to see no one was there.

Donghyuk's bedsheets were untouched from this morning, still messy. Papers and binders were scattered all over the floor, as if they were just thrown about carelessly. There were drawers on his dresser opened, and his clothes weren't neatly folded inside anymore. It looked as if someone was in a rush to grab as much as they could, and quickly left. He looked at his mom who was standing in the doorway, her hand on her temple.

Jaehyun raised his hands in the air, anger crawling up on his face. "Well, he isn't sleeping," he hummed matter of factly, hard eyes demanding an explanation.

His mother sighed, hand covering her mouth. "Look Jaehyun — I knew you were going to be mad, especially with what happened this morning, but please consider my point of view," she said softly. Her son's head tilted to the side questionably.

"Where is he?" he inquired curtly, eyes scanning the revoked bedroom.

His mom's lips pressed tightly together — so tight that it was like she rather had just glued them shut than speak a word about the situation. She watched as Jaehyun started to shift around things in Donghyuk's room before stating, "I'm going to need you to calm down before I tell you anything."