[12]

[TWELVE]

[TWELVE]

"I never sang for love, I never had a heart to mend. Because before the start began, I always saw the end. Yeah, I wait for you to open up, to give yourself to me. But nothing's ever gonna give, I'll never set you free. Yeah, I'll never set you free."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

IT was official that Jaehyun was moving in with his dad for at least a couple of weeks.

He had no problem with it, other than the fact that he would be leaving his mother behind to 'mend' her relationship with Hajoon. The first thing that he thought was 'what the fuck'. Not even with a question mark, just a statement fueled by vexation and repugnance.

Yeah, Jaehyun really fucking pissed.

The high schooler wanted his mother to break up with Hajoon so badly that it hurt.

Donghyuk was another thing. Apparently he was going to be staying with his own biological aunt for awhile. Jaehyun wasn't too sure of this, because he was pretty convinced that his mom was lying when she shared the news. But all he could do was trust her. Trust was all he had in these situations, and it was sad that the trust wasn't even a strong feeling that was tying himself to the ones closest to him. Ironically, he was lying to himself if he actually believed in this trust.

Anyhow, his father was a good man. He was a single father to only Jaehyun and worked his ass off at his job, so he had a decent house considering his circumstances. The only thing Jaehyun was worried about with this new living situation was him growing lonely; his dad worked second shift, so he was sleeping when he went to school and gone when Jaehyun got home and went to bed.

But overall, it was okay.

Jaehyun's half-lidded gaze shifted to his alarm clock on his desk, stretching his arms above his head and yawning as he grudgingly did so. 12:49 AM. He sighed and let his arms fall to his sides, a frown masking his lips. His homework was sill sitting in front of him, unfinished and of course as you could assume, belonging to the art class.

Assignments can really ruin a class for you. If you dread doing them, you'll reciprocally dread that class as well — even if you don't want to.

It wasn't the sketch of the week this time; it was just simply copying a picture as best as you can with a pencil. That picture was of the inside your own refrigerator. It was kinda embarrassing to open his father's fridge and find a case of Budweiser*, an expired carton of milk, and a half empty bottle of ketchup and ranch. Yeah, Jaehyun would assume Mr. Moon wouldn't be too impressed. He removed the beer, called his dad with a disappointed sneer 'what the hell do you eat?', and finally went grocery shopping for him and bought a few necessities like eggs, milk that wasn't expired, and some fruits and vegetables.