[6]

[SIX]

[SIX]

"Someone please hold me, I'm exhausted from this world. Someone please wipe me, I'm drenched with tears. Someone please notice my struggles first. Please acknowledge the poor me. Please help me."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

JAEHYUN strolled down the long, winding path to the student parking lot, seemingly oblivious to his surroundings. He looked dazed—almost as if he was sleep walking, expression stoic and distant. He was unreadable, but it was clear that whatever was going inside his head was rather troubling.

The sky was swirled in hues of gloomy gray, flecks of light snow contrasting against the dark colors. The sound of other students getting out of school hummed distantly in the cold air that nipped at Jaehyun's exposed skin.

He listened to the buzz of the wind blur in his ear, whistling tunes that attributed to his brain becoming even more foggy. It was peaceful not being able to think straight, really. It was too much effort to worry about anything. He couldn't remember what the voice in the back of his head was prodding him about.

Jaehyun about jumped out of his socks when he heard a large engine pull up near the curb. His eyes flickered up to see a yellow school bus driving into the bus route to pick up kids, it's rusted paint and whining wheels proving that it was quite old. The bold number on the back read it to be bus 7. He stared blankly as it turned and parked near the sidewalk, close to the teenagers that waited for it impatiently. It's automatic doors creaked open, and a stampede of bodies rushed to the opening haphazardly, the passengers yearning to get a seat to themselves first.

His eyes were trained on this group of teenagers—for no specific reason other than it being quite hilarious the way they pushed each other around like dogs rushing out of a kennel. But when the last teenager climbed on board, something held Jaehyun's gaze for just a little bit longer.

He recognized that person; yeah, he was quite familiar.

Dark brown hair, doll-like iridescent eyes, and a thin black jacket hanging around his petite frame that was far too little for the bitter cold. Jaehyun's heartbeat palpated in his chest quickly, an eerie, dark feeling crossing over him. The dread that suddenly consumed him was so very stark that it was impossible to just brush off or ignore. He watched in apprehensive anticipation as the boy almost disappeared out of view, right before a paper slipped out of his book bag.

Jaehyun's eyes widened as the bus doors closed and the light sheet of white paper flew to the ground gently, almost blending in with the gloomy surroundings. He wanted to shout for the bus to wait, because he felt as if that paper should be returned to the boy. But no words left his lips as the bus exited and drove off down the street.

Jaehyun held his breath as he tentatively walked up to the forgotten paper, watching as the corner of the parchment barely held on to the concrete. It was face down, so whatever it was was not in view quite yet. Jaehyun bent down and picked up the paper with his nimble fingers, flipping it around in his hands.