[14]

A/N : thank you.

[FOURTEEN]

[FOURTEEN]

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how. Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, you're my wonderwall."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"SO what's this all about? To be honest, Jaehyun, I didn't really take you as a sparkly lights and festive balls kinda guy. Like really, what are these? Brown and red woven balls to put in the middle of a coffee table?"

Jaehyun flickered his gaze over to Doyoung who was holding up a circular object, twisting it around in his fingertips. It didn't have a hook, it was just a woven piece of tree bark painted red that Jaehyun hadn't recalled putting in his cart, but assumed Sicheng probably had.

Jaehyun cocked an eyebrow. "Festive balls?" he questioned, which made Taeyong, who hadn't spoken a single word since he'd gotten here, snort out loud. The attention was then on him who smacked his hand in front of his mouth as he attempted to repress any further laughter. His shyness was accentuated when his cheeks heated up a bright pink and he ducked his head.

Jaehyun smiled and then turned back to the raven haired. "Anyway, Doyoung, wipe that shit grin off your face. I didn't pick these decorations, this kid at the store did," he said as he untangled a string of yellow lights that were meant for the Christmas tree.

Doyoung laughed as he put the decoration down, and went to sit on the floor beside Jaehyun to help with the tree and lights. "Okay, tiger," he chortled sarcastically. "Do you want me to get the tree set up?"

Jaehyun shrugged as he finally got part of the wired lights untangled. "If you want, but I kinda need help with lights outside," he responded, placing the lights in a cardboard box with the rest of them. He blinked up at Doyoung. "I thought we'd all just go out there."

A gradual smile painted itself across Doyoung's lips, and like always, Jaehyun knew something was peeking the raven haired's interest. He internally groaned. "How about Taeyong helps you, so we can knock two things down at once," Doyoung piped, obsidian irises flocking over to the one curled up on the arm chair.

Jaehyun's eyebrows shot up through his bangs as his eyes drifted over to the smaller. Taeyong, quite honestly, did not seem to happy about the proposition—and it showed. He tightened himself together and his sharp eyes tapered, a gradual aura of gloom consuming his being.

"No?" Doyoung asked Taeyong in a lilt, and only got a glare in response.

"No," Jaehyun answered for him. "Saves me the extra work, since y'know, he wouldn't be able to reach the eaves." The taller really couldn't stop himself from saying it. I mean, it's kind of funny when Taeyong's fists turn into balls and the way rose blossoms on his cheeks.