[5]

[FIVE]

[FIVE]

"What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me? What are you wondering? What do you know?"

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

A RED Honda Civic sat outside a little white quaint house, pulled right up near the curb across from the entrance. Once Jaehyun's eyes landed on the familiar vehicle, his heart took a leap as he instantly jogged up to the old front door, taking the jingling keys out of his pocket and unlocking it.

He stepped inside, the nostalgic scent of vanilla candles invading his senses. His frantic eyes flickered around the inside, and although no one was right there, he could hear hushed voices somewhere else in the house. Jaehyun pressed his lips together, slowly making his way out of the foyer and into the marble kitchen. Of course, his mother and Hajoon stood behind the counter. His mother was leaned into his chest, face buried away in his winter jacket.

Jaehyun didn't really know how to feel or act, so he quickly ran out of the room. Before he could make it to the hallway however, his stepfather called out his name. Jaehyun bit his tongue, his fingers gripping tightly onto his sweater as he glanced back over. Hajoon grinned, the act decorating the scruff around his sharp jawline. "Hey kiddo, your mom told me you really cared for Donghyuk, and I'm thankful for that," he said, caressing Jaehyun's mother's shoulder.

Jaehyun couldn't find it within him to speak, so he just offered a bleak smile and curt nod. On the inside however, he felt irritated as hell just by looking at the skinny middle aged man; he honestly disgusted Jaehyun, and the boy wanted to get out of there as fast as possible before he said something unnecessary.

"Hyuk's in his room, sweetie," his mom addressed softly, her caramel brown eyes noticing her son's stiffness.

"Thanks."

Jaehyun was in front of Donghyuk's door. He suddenly felt extremely nauseous and exceptionally anxious, but raised his fist and knocked on the hollow wood, eyes gazing at the picture of Michael Jackson who happened to be staring right at him. Hasty footsteps pattered softly inside of the room, and to Jaehyun's surprise, the door creaked open only a crack. He peered inside the small sliver between the doorframe and door and saw chocolate brown eyes aligned with long eyelashes staring right at him—

just before the door slammed shut again.

Jaehyun's face dropped in dissent. He went for the door handle, disappointed but not shocked to find it locked. He leaned against the door, knocking on it again. "Donghyuk," he groaned. "Come on, do you have to do this to me?" he asked, his tone a weak attempt at being playful. Jaehyun waited for an answer, still pressed against the door, but it was silent. He huffed out a breath of air.

"Don't make me stay outside this door forever, because I will," Jaehyun chirped quietly, biting his lip.

There was a pause.