[11]

[ELEVEN]

[ELEVEN]

"That's more deceit, more defeat. Is this really what I'm born to be? That's what you get for thinkin' you're unique. So poor, but I'm so wealthy. Need help, but you can't help me. What else can the world sell me? Tell me lies, I still buy 'em like they goin' outta stock. But it's not healthy."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

WHEN Jaehyun walked into the art room, he didn't necessarily expect to be assigned to the task of creating fragile, teeny-tiny glass ornaments — what came along with that was much precision and rigor, which unfortunately, the boy lacked immensely.

A farcical clattering noise rose into the air once a cardboard box was carelessly dropped down onto the desk in front of the boy, and his bemused gaze shifted up to see a tall raven haired burning holes into his skin with his pupils.

"Do I even want to know what is in there?" Jaehyun asked blandly, raising an eyebrow at the male.

Doyoung attempted at trying to press down the grin that was arising on his lips, answering, "You're gonna have to know either way, dipshit." He then proceeded to open up the cardboard flaps, and Jaehyun peered over to see an absurd array of art supplies buried all the way to the top, like it was just puked up by a kindergarten arts and crafts teacher themselves.

There were too many plastic bobbles to count, sparkling glitter and paint in all colors you can imagine (Jaehyun even caught a glimpse of one paint tube labeled as nacho cheese), delicate white, red, and green lace, jewels of various shapes, and a hot glue gun.

"What— what is this?"

Doyoung showed off his prestigious, gummy smile, leaning over the table as he stated, "We're making Christmas ornaments!"

Jaehyun gazed up at him unimpressed, but couldn't admit that he was slightly amused by Doyoung's enthusiasm for Christmas ornaments. "Are you a child? And why couldn't they just buy ones for the school? It seems like a waste of time," Jaehyun droned on, and didn't expect for the other to lightly hit his shoulder.

"Stop being such a Debby-downer. It's not a waste of time, seriously, would you rather sit and listen to Mr. Moon tell us how his cat jumped up on top of the counter and ate his toast for forty five minutes? Or what about the time that his aunt stole his painting and sold it to some Japanese woman in Tokyo—"

"Okay!" Jaehyun cut him off, not wishing to hear Doyoung ramble about Mr. Moon for forever, because he definitely would. He then flickered his gaze around the room, subconsciously looking for one specific small boy with dark hair; all he found were several other groups of students littered around tables working on other specific projects that were Christmas themed. For some reason, he was sensitive to bringing up the topic of Taeyong — or even necessarily saying his name — so he asked the raven haired, "Is it just you and me?"