˗ˏˋ ᴘ ʀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ ᴜ ɢ ᴇ'ˎ˗

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

ᴛ ʀ ɪ ɢ ɢ ᴇ ʀ ᴡ ᴀ ʀ ɴ ɪ ɴ ɢ s

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

「 ᴠ ɪ ʀ ɢ ɪ ʟ ' s ᴘ ᴏ ᴠ 」

I flew over the forest my wings battling against the howling winds that were tearing my wings. I felt the rain peirce me like tiny knives. I finally found my treehouse and dived down. I gracefully landed on the mud my feet sinking in as I shook my wings dry. I neatly folded them on my back and climbed the ladder.

I entered, shivering my body longing for some warmth. I laid down on my bed, listening to the rain drops pitter-patter on the roof. I reminisced all the good times I had with my parents, until the horrid incident.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴀɢᴏ

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

I whimpered as the sound of thunder bounced the walls. I hugged my father feeling safe under his embrace. He wrapped his wings around me and whispered, "Virgil it's just thunder it won't hurt you."

I nodded, easing a bit. "How about I make us some hot chocolate to warm us up." He said getting up walking to the kitchen.

As I waited for him my mom came into the living room with some blankets. I got the blankets and buried myself in them. My dad chuckled, handing me the hot chocolate.

I blew on the vapor and took a sip. I instantly felt my stomach warm. I took another sip this time bigger and I ignored the burning sensation in my mouth, instead I focused on the fuzzy feeling. My mom was setting up a movie for us to watch when we heard a knock. My father got up, hid his wings, and unlocked the front door.

A man barged in with a gun. My dad took a step back, the gun aiming at him. Tears trailed down my cheeks as I feared for my dad's life. The man noticed me and took a hold of me, pressing the cold gun to my head.

Tears cascaded down like waterfalls. I sobbed in terror. "Please let my son go he's innocent." My mom pleaded.

"If he was so innocent then he wouldn't be a peculiar." The man spat out in disgust.

I looked at my dad who was tense. "I'm sorry father." I managed to say between sobs.

He looked at me sympathetically. "We said to let him go." My dad growled.

The man threw me to the wall I hit my head hard and cried out in pain. My vision was blurry from the tears filling my eyes. "There happy?" I heard.

This only made him infuriate more as he launched himself at the man. They tumbled as my dad landed punches at the man's face. BANG!

My eyes widened and darted to my dad as he looked down at the blood spreading on his stomach. He gazed at me then dropped dead. My mom and I screamed in unison.

I wailed stumbling to my dad's side, shaking him. I collapsed the dark magic broke and spread out, the air stilled. I yelled at him to wake up but when I realized he was gone, I let go.

"VIRGIL GO! FLY AWAY AND DON'T TURN BACK!" My mom demanded, distracting the man.

I hesitantly flew into the woods grief weighing me down. The dark magic growing stronger by the second. BANG!

The second shot was fired. I turned around seeing my mom laying there, dead. My heart shattered as I kept going.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚

A flash of lightning broke me out of my thoughts. I wrapped my wings around my body, a habit I tend to do when I'm sad.

It's been 10 years since the loss of my parents, 10 years of hiding, 10 years of being alone.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*: :*:・゚