˗ˏˋ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ 3'ˎ˗ - ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ

◃───────────▹

◃ ʟ ᴏ ɢ ᴀ ɴ ' s ᴘ ᴏ ᴠ ▹

"Hey I'm going camping tonight and I was wondering, if you guys wanted to join?" Virgil asked.

"Well of course kiddo this could be a wonderful chance to bond." Patton chirped.

"Me and Patton could cook something." Roman suggested.

"Roman for the last time it's 'Patton and I'" I corrected.

Roman rolled his eyes, "So Virgil where are we going?" Patton question.

"Somewhere near where I live." Virgil responded.

After school we all made our way to Roman's car. Roman opened the passanger's seat and entered. "Hop in!" Roman motioned for us to come in.

Patton sat next to Roman leaving Virgil and I to sit on the back seat. Roman started the engine and soon we were on the bumpy dirt road.

Virgil rolled down the window. He plugged in his headphones and tuned out to some music. Virgil closed his eyes, running his fingers through his hair, humming to the rhythm of the music. His humming turned to murmuring the lyrics, then full on singing.

Virgil cocked his head to the side his voice full of emotions. The words rolled off his tongue nicely. His tone was dulcet and mellow, almost soothing. When the song came to an end he opened his eyes.

"You sing?" Roman asked shocked.

Virgil pulled on the strings of his hoodie nervously, "Yes."

"You have an astounding voice." Patton praised.

"N-no I don't." Virgil responded embarrassed.

"It really is Virgil, you're talented." I protested. He looked at me with his large doe eyes.

"Thanks." He said.

"Sorry to ruin your heart felt moment, but we're here." Roman announced.

We both looked away from each other blushing profusely. We stepped out of the car and into the wilderness. Virgil led the way to the unknown.

I heard the sound of a river nearby. The river was fierce, if you slipped on the mossy rocks you would get sweeped away by the strong current.

"I'll go first," He turned to Patton. "Patton you go behind me. You guys stay here I will come back for you." Virgil said.

Virgil stepped on the rock making sure it was safe to cross. Once he was confident it was secure, he helped Patton get across. He came back for Roman and repeated the process.

Virgil looked at me, "Are you ready?"

I glared at him unsure. "If it makes you feel safe you could hold onto me." Virgil said.

I nodded, we were halfway to the other side when I lost my footing and slipped. I plunged into the icy water, the rushing river tugged me away. The last thing I saw was Virgil's eyes darting, terrified.

My leg got caught on a sharp rock. I screamed, water entering my mouth rapidly. My head felt like it were to explode any second. The need for oxygen stronger than ever. Black dots clouded my vision, slowly the darkness took over.

I felt someone yank me to the shore. "Logan wake up please!"

I snapped out of it and shot up, coughing water. I greedily took in uneven breathes. I surveyed the area, Virgil looked soaked, he ripped off a piece of his shirt and wrapped it around my gash.

"Oh thank god you're okay. You scared us." Roman said.

"Your leg." Patton pointed out.

"Lets go home." Virgil said.

"No! We are not leaving just because of a stupid wound." I responded stubbornly.

"You can't walk though." Patton softly said.

"Get on my back." Virgil commanded.

"But I could walk perfectly fine."

"Stop arguing and get on."

Virgil gently carried me. Roman and Virgil each took turns carrying me.

"How much more?" Patton asked out of breathe, we have been walking for hours and the sun was starting to set.

"We are almost there. I-I know this place!" Virgil ran off, disappearing into the evergreen.

We followed, my jaw dropped as I saw the landscape. I spun around taking in the beautiful scenery. The sun casted warm rays of sunlight that enveloped me like a warm blanket on a cold night. The trees whispered to me. Clouds hung over us, hues of pink and orange tinted the sky. There was a cliff overlooking the ocean. The waves crashed and collided against the rocks.

Virgil sat on the edge of the cliff, closing his eyes in a serene state. Roman and I sat next to Virgil, and Patton sat next to Roman. We all watched the sunset in a comfortable silence.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" Virgil finally broke the silence.

"Yes it is." I replied, gazing at Virgil. Virgil's eyes reflected the night sky, glistening like the stars.

◃───────────▹

◃───────────▹

◃ ᴠ ɪ ʀ ɢ ɪ ʟ ' s ᴘ ᴏ ᴠ ▹

We all sat on logs staring at the fire crackling.

"We should make some s'mores!" Patton exclaimed, rummaging for the crackers, Hershey's, and marshmallows. Roman chuckled and gazed at Patton with a warm smile.

I would never say it out loud but they make an adorable couple. Patton gave us each two s'mores. I chomped down on the chewy marshmallow. Flavors exploded in my mouth. The dark chocolate melted on my tongue. After some scary stories, we all grew tired.

"It's time for bed kiddos." Patton yawned.

"I call sleeping with Patton!" Roman said claiming Patton.

They walked off to their tent. We got in the cramped tent glancing at each other awkwardly.

Logan and I laid down facing one another, the winds picked up and I shivered. "Are you cold?" Logan asked.

"N-no." My teeth chattered.

Logan took this as a yes and held me tenderly. I hugged him drinking in his familiar scent. His chin rested on the top of my head. I fell asleep under his comforting presence.

◃───────────▹