chapter four : michael gordon clifford

Hola, I'm back, pls comment and vote and stream who do you love (I wanna write a one shot for that song)

-

By the end of the week Reece's house was fully renovated and done up and nice, he had a sofa and a bed and a TV and he'd never been so happy to have a home again. Now all he had to do was paint the walls.

So that's where Luke came in, the younger boy had helped Reece with every decision, including colour palettes and sofas and lamps, down to the candles Reece had in his bathroom. The colours they'd chosen for the living room were white, with one wall being grey, it matched the sofa and the fluffy rug.

The radio was on and playing from Smallzy's surgery, which Luke apparently loved to listen to when in the car. Paint was in pots and covering their jeans, paintbrushes and rollers in hand. Reece's hands were already covered in paint and he was glad he'd put down a sheet so his carpet wasn't ruined because Luke had already spilt a crap tonne of paint everywhere.

Luke was singing along to the radio softly, making Reece smile, "—But he wasn't a match, wrote some songs about Ricky, now I listen and laugh, even almost got married and for Pete, I'm so thankful, wish I could say, "Thank you" to Malcolm, Cause he was an angel."

"Do you sing?" Reece asked, Luke sounded good.

"A little." Luke replied, telling Reece he was in a band seemed a bit gay and childish to him. So he didn't tell him.

"You should more, you're good." Reece told him.

"Thanks." Luke grinned, biting his lip, he began to hum along to the rest of the song. They painted for a while longer until Luke's stomach rumbled loudly, making them both laugh, Luke's face going pink. "Could we order pizza?"

"Sure." Reece smiled, "do you want a meat feast one?"

Luke bit back his need to want to say he'd have Reece's meat feast, and instead just nodded. Reece left the living room, going around the corner to the kitchen and picked up the phone, he had a pile of fast food menus already that Luke had collected for him (they were all his favourite places to get food), so he called up a pizza place and ordered a large pizza for them to share. As he was on the phone, he heard Luke let out a shriek, and then he heard footsteps and Luke entered the kitchen—his hands and shirt covered in paint, his jeans too, he'd taken off his shoes so he wasn't tracking paint in the house.

Reece stared at him with wide eyes, "what happened?" He asked, the phone to his ear, he was on hold.

"I was putting more paint in the pan and it just spilt all over me." Luke frowned deeply, "it's not on the floor though, mostly me."

Reece smiled fondly at the mess he'd caused, "go to my room and grab a shirt and sweats, all in the wardrobe." He told Luke, just as the pizza guy answered. "Hey, uh I'd like to order a large meat feast pizza."

Luke went to Reece's bedroom, seeing the way his bed was, his pillows were neat and the bed made. He went to the wardrobe and opened it, taking out a plain red shirt and some sweat pants, just as his phone started buzzing in his pocket. He pulled it out to see it was Michael, so he pressed it to his ear as he sat down and toed off his socks. "Hey."

"Luke! Where are you right now?" He asked.

"Uh Reece's house why?" Luke asked. "We're painting his living room walls."

"We're coming over, I already know his address, your mum told me." Michael quickly hung up and Luke frowned. Well, okay.

Luke got dressed in to Reece's clean clothes, before going back to the living room where Reece was cleaning up some of the paint Luke had spilt on to the cover on the floor. "Sorry about wasting the paint."