chapter five: really unneeded jealousy

This book is basically thirsty ass Luke wanting that dick, but being too awkward to try anything—which is me

Comment and vote pls

-

Luke was at work two days after his sleepover with Reece, he'd left before Reece had even woken up, because he'd been so embarrassed at what had happened. Michael and he were already there, working away behind the bar, and then Luke looked up and Reece was entering the fisherman's club.

Luke gasped and handed the beer to Michael before he quickly hid in the back room. He really didn't want to see Reece right now.

Michael stood there with the beers and frowned, he gave the beer to the customer and turned on his heel. He entered the staff room, seeing Luke was leaning against the wall. "The fuck is wrong with you?" Michael asked his best friend.

"I told Reece I thought he was hot." Luke said.

"And?"

"And, he laughed at me, so I pretended to be asleep." Luke said, "he thinks me thinking he's hot is funny, like I'm a joke."

"You're overreacting." Michael deadpanned.

"I woke up early the next morning and left and I haven't texted or anything since." Luke frowned deeply.

"You're an idiot." Michael scoffed, "and you're hiding because he's here? I didn't see him come in."

"I did." Luke then sighed, "I don't know what to do I think he's hot as fuck and I fancy him and my mum fucking told him I fancied him too and it's weird because to him it's probably like having a little kid think you're cute."

Michael snorted, just as their boss rounded the corner, "someone's asking for you Luke." He said.

"Is he bearded and English, super cute?"

"Yes."

"Then no I'm not here boss." Luke smiled innocently, because his boss kinda loved him and Luke really didn't want to go outside. "Can't I just go be in the kitchen?"

"No the customer love your pretty face, go outside, do your job."

Luke frowned, "fine." He and Michael went back in to the club, to the bar and that's where Reece stood. "Hey." Luke said softly, putting his hands on the sticky bar top.

"You went awol." Reece said, frowning, "did something happen?"

Luke blinked, he couldn't let Reece think he did something, "what? No, I've just been busy, mum needed help with some stuff and I've had work and you've had work too." Luke said quickly, "so yeah." Totally not because I think you're hot and I'm embarrassed that you laughed at me.

Reece nodded, "makes sense, so you wanna come over tonight, I just started a new TV show on netflix and it's really good."

"What show?" Luke questioned.

"Stranger Things." Reece replied.

"You've only just discovered that? It's been out for two years." Luke laughed.

"Really? I haven't kept up I've been a busy boy."

"You have," Luke smiled, "do you want a drink?"

"Yeah, I'll have a beer."

"Great." Luke smiled, then stepped away to grab a glass and started to fill it with beer. "you might as well become a club member with you here so often." Luke added, he finished the beer and handed it over to Reece, Reece handed him a five dollar bill.