9

Grace's P

Grace's P.O.V

I'm sitting in my History class with Mary Lou behind me. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I lean back so I can hear her, "We got a new foreign exchange student from New Zealand. I saw him this morning." I nod, "That's all?" I whispered from the side. "Yeah." She says, sitting back into her chair. History was a bore.

The bell rings signaling the school day was over. I close my text book and brought it up to Mrs. Bonin. She stacks the books on the edge of her desk for Monday. Mary Lou wraps her arm over my shoulder, "Can I come over this weekend?" I look at her. It has been awhile since she's been over at the house.

"Let me talk to mom and I'll call you, okay?" I smile at her. She gives me a toothy smile, "Alright catch you later, Gracie." She hugs me and runs to the bus. I make my journey to my house.

~~~~

I'm walking halfway to my house when I hear a car pull up beside me. I look and it's Ashton. I smile and walk over to his parked car. He rolls down his window and leans against his car door, "Well hello there cutie." His accent making my smile deepened. "Hey handsome." I say dipping down giving his lips a quick peck.

He takes my hand into his and plays with my fingers, "What are you doing tonight?" He asks. My smiles fades, "Mary Lou might be coming sleep for the weekend." I look away from him. My eyes catch a car coming down the road and I let go of Ashton's hands. "What?" Confusion written in his voice. I didn't answer him as I kept my eyes on the car. It's Tom and his friends.

We lock eyes and he stops the car. I jump into Ashton's car, "Go!" I yell. He puts his car into drive and slams on the gas making his tires screech onto the asphalt. I look behind us and Tom is right on us. "Hold on." Ashton says. I grip onto his seat as he turns his wheel to the right. We drive out of town and Tom stops at the parish line.

He turns around and goes back into town. I crawl into the front seat leaving my book bag in the back seat. I look over at Ashton and his hair is flying around from his window being down. "We can go back." I tell him putting on my seat belt. "Let's ride for a bit. Since I won't be able to see you this weekend." He says placing his hand onto my exposed thigh.

He makes small circles onto my skin. I unbuckle to move closer to him as I rest my head onto his shoulder as he drives. We rode around for an hour talking about anything and everything. We pull up to my house. I grab my bag from the back seat. I look at him. I placed my hand onto his scruffy cheek. I smile, "You need to shave Mr. Irwin." He smiles and takes my hand off his face. I laugh.

I move away from him and placed my hand onto the door handle. I go to open the door but he grabs my hand and pulls me to him. He presses his lips against mine. He deepens the kiss by putting his hand onto my face. We pull away and I look at him, "What was that for?" He pulls back and gives me his cheeky smile. "I won't be able to see you this weekend might as well have you thinking about me." He winks.

I smile and roll my eyes playfully, "You are something. I'll see you Monday." I lean in giving his lips a quick peck. "Oh yes you will Miss Thompson." He smirks. I smile and got out of his car.

I close the door behind me and looked through the rolled down passenger window. I open my mouth to say the words I was always scared to say but I just closed it. He gives me a wink, "Back at you." With that he drives off leaving me in my thoughts.