24

Felicia's P.O.V

It's been a couple of weeks since Shelby, Brock, and I saw Grace. And it's been a month since I last saw Luke. I've been avoiding him. I found out that him and Mary Lou had a thing. I never knew and we've been talking for three to four months. I found out from Shelby, who found out from Grace. I felt sick to my stomach.

I know Mary Lou is happy with Marco but I feel like Luke was still messing with Mary Lou while he was talking with me. He's been calling but I would tell my parents to tell him that I was out or that I wasn't feeling too good to come to the phone.

He's been over a couple of times to check on me but my father would always tell him that I was too sick to have company.

Right now Brock, Shelby, and I are walking around the park, catching up on not seeing each other for a couple of days. Brock has been spending a lot of time with Carrie. I'm happy for him that he finally found somebody, who loves his goofy self. But I miss him.

Same thing with Shelby. Ever since that night that Tom confessed his love for her, they have been with each other ever since. I like Luke but it would suck if I was just some side piece to him. He's a great guy. From his long blonde pushed back curly hair to his size 10 feet, he's a beautiful man.

His accent always made me melt. I've been so in my head that I didn't even feel Shelby tap my shoulder multiple of times. I finally shake my head getting rid of thoughts, looking at the beautiful dirty blonde, "Are you okay?" I nod, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I looked at her confused.

She points and my eyes followed her finger. Then my eyes widen. He's here. He's talking to a few of his buddies with his leather jacket on his back. He's not looking our way. I stopped walking and turned around to go the other way. Then I feel both my hands being grabbed. I look and both Brock and Shelby brought me back to them.

They're faces make an appearance to my vision. "You have to talk to him. You can't keep hurting yourself, Felicia. So what if he was talking to Mary Lou. She's over him." Shelby tells me, holding my hand. I shake my head, dropping my head from their stares. I let go of her hand and put my hands in my short pockets.

I sigh, "It's going to hurt me if I was just a side chick to him. I fell for him bad. I don't even know why he's with a girl like me. Look at me. I have fat fingers, a stomach that can cover the Pacific Ocean, hair that frizzes the minute the outside air hits it. I'm not the ideal girl for anybody." I choke. A few tears escaped my eyes.

"Well, I think you're the perfect girl for me." The all too familiar accent I fell in love with says. My eyes widen. I sniff still avoiding the Australian man. "Felicia, look at me." Luke says. I shake my head. I don't want to look into those ocean blue eyes of his. Then I feel his long fingers go to my chin and brought my head up.

Our eyes met. A smile appears on his lips, "There she is." A blush forms on my cheeks. I look around no sign of Brock or Shelby. "Where di-" I was interrupted with a pair of lips crashing into mine. Fireworks spark everywhere. This is our first kiss. I feel his hands grab my waist to pull me close to his.

My fingers found their way to his long curly blonde hair. He pulls away resting his forehead against mine, looking deep into my eyes. Then I hear cheers. I look over, Brock and Shelby are clapping and cheering a couple of yards away from Luke and I. I laugh at the two. I hear Luke chuckle too. He lets me go and grabs my hand. We walk towards my best friends hand in hand. How could I ever doubt this?