20

Grace's P.O.V

It's Saturday night and I'm getting ready for Ashton's and I date. We're going eat out. I'm almost done curling my hair at my vanity when my door opens. I look through my mirror and it's my mother sticking her head out with a toothy smile, "I'm just letting you know Ashton is here. Oh my, you look beautiful." She steps in closing the door behind her. She walks over to my bed and sits on the edge.

I finish the last few pieces and turned off my curling iron. I turned around and gave my mother a smile, "Thanks mama. Not as beautiful as you are." She cackles and stands up walking towards me. I get up as well in my outfit. She gives me a hug and places a sweet kiss on my forehead. I look up at my mother, "Oh Grace, you're father would've been so happy for you. He would've loved Ashton." I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat to hold back the tears.

I start to say something but then she pulls away from me, "Ashton's waiting. Let's not keep him waiting any longer." She smiles as she opens my door. I nod, "I'll be down in a minute. Need some shoes." I point at my feet wiggling my toes. She chuckles, "Okay. Don't make him wait any longer." She points. I nod. And like that she left my room. I sigh and walked over to my full length mirror.

I check out my outfit. I'm wearing a teal button up dress with half sleeves and the collar fixed right also with white stockings to cover my legs from the cool air. My make up is light. Mascara, blush, and nude lips. Satisfied with my outfit I walk over to my closet to find some shoes to match. My scope through my shoes and my eyes land on my white flats. I grab them and slipped them on. I grab my white sweater and put it on.

Looking at myself once more I walk out my room. I walk down the stairs to meet Ashton and my mother. Ashton gets up from the couch. I check him out real quick. His hair is slicked back with a single curl falling on his forehead, as he's wearing a long sleeve navy blue button shirt that's tucked in black slacks that hug his hips the right way as, he wears black loafers with black socks.

A smile forms on his lips when he sees me looking at him. He gives me a wink and I give him a small smile. I walk over to my mother who is sitting in her rocking chair. I bend down and left a kiss on her cheek, "Bye mom. I'll be home at midnight." She smiles, "Alright. You two have fun." I nod. I walk towards Ashton and grabbed his hand. We walk out of my warm house and enter the February cool air.

The door closes behind Ashton. Ashton let's go of my hand and puts his arm around my shoulder to keep me warm as we made our way to his car. He opens the passenger door. I smile up at him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, "Thank you." I get in as he gives me a wink. He closes my door and jogs in front of his car. He opens his door and gets in. He closes his door and starts the car putting the heater on full blast to warm us up.

He looks over at me and reaches out for me. He pulls me close to him, "Better?" He whispers in my ear, bringing his right arm over my shoulders to keep me warm. I look up at him and I nod. He places a kiss on my forehead and puts his car into drive. And we are off.

Ashton's P.O.V

We arrived at Nott's Corner. It's their local Cajun restaurant. I park the car and got out holding out my hand for Grace to take. She takes it and gets out of my car. I close the door behind her as she intertwines our fingers. I smile down at her. Her brown eyes make contact with my green ones. Her eyes sparkle even in the night. She looks so beautiful in her teal dress.

"You look beautiful. As always." I tell her, as we make our way to the building. She smiles at my words, "Thank you. Navy is your color." She plays with the hem of my sleeve. "Thank you." I say, opening the door for her. She smiles at me and when her eyes left mine her smile fades. She's frozen in place.