Chapter 1 - "Sirius - is that you?"

A/N - Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters J.K. Rowling does. I only own characters that I create and this storyline.

Edit 9/10/20: hi! I'm honestly so thankful to everyone who has read this - I never expected it to get this many reads. I feel the need, with some of JKR's recent (and maybe not so recent) activity on Twitter that I fully support the transgender/non binary/intersex/agender and other non-cisgender people. I am cis myself and I may not ever fully understand what it is like to be not cis but I hope that this can at least be a safe space for all people and if you do not support LGBTQ+ people then please get off my works. 

Also, at some point in the future I may get round to editing this again/rewriting some of the later chapters as I'm not completely happy with them but at the moment this is complete and if I do get round to editing it I will put up relevant notices. 

~ Emma482 xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been many years since James and Lily Potter had seen their friends Sirius and Remus (they didn't count Peter anymore) so you can imagine that it was quite a surprise for them when Sirius suddenly cane into the afterlife, fretting about what would happen to Harry.

"Harry, no, Harry don't come after me! You can't die!" Sirius started shouting 

"Sirius - is that you?"

"James? Lily? No way!"

"Yes way!"

"Sirius - what on earth happened to you? You're pale and extremely thin." Lily commented

"Ah, well Lily as you may have noticed even though Pettigrew actually betrayed you I got blamed for your death - something about giving him to Voldemort and forcing him to tell Voldemort where you were. When I realised what he had done I confronted him in the street but he was quicker than me. He shouted something about me betraying you and then he cut off his finger, sent an explosion into the street, killing about 12 muggles, and transformed into his animangus form and escaped down the drain. As all of the evidence was pointing against me I was sent to Azkaban wi-"

But before Sirius could continue his story the Potters interrupted him with cries of out rage.

"AZKABAN!" James shouted 

"No way!" Lily muttered 

"Yes way Lily, and, without a trial as well. So, I inhabited Azkaban for 12 years and that is why I am probably so pale and under-nourished."

James was intrigued and with that Sirius launched into the tale of what had happened over the past two years between himself, Harry and Remus.

"Well," said James after a while, "It's good to see you Padfoot, me and Lily-flower have been getting a little lonely recently."

"I've missed you Prongs, and you too Lils"

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - Sorry this is quite a short chapter, it's more of a prologue. Next chapter will be when Remus comes into the afterlife and then the main story will continue about two years after the Second Wizarding War.

I don't know when I will update because I have school etc. (but maybe in about a week, maybe even less) but half-term is in about a week so you'll probably get quite a few updates then.

Feel free to comment, see how I can improve and your opinions.

Thank you for reading - comment and vote!

~ Emma482