Chapter 15 - Clues

Harry and the rest of those who weren't captured spent their time doing all they could to try and find their loved ones.

Anything that could lead them to a solution was thoroughly looked into but all they came across was dead end after dead end.

It was safe to say that they were all getting a bit frustrated. 

That was until they found out about a breakout that had been kept from the public.

"Why on earth do the wizarding community not know about this?" Harry bellowed when he found out. The information they had just gathered would have been very useful earlier on in their hunt. 

"We don't want them to be worried." The ministry official replied, his skin growing ever paler.

"Yes well it doesn't do much good for the public not to be worried about a breakout when a death eater is on the loose!" Harry's voice was getting ever louder.

"It would d-do the wizarding community good to not to have to be worried for a while." The official stammered, his hands were starting to shake now. 

"Yes and while they are busy not worrying they could all be murdered in their beds."

"W-we are d-doing a-all we can to find him."

Do you want to know why I spent my childhood fighting Voldemort? I did it so that everyone could be safe. Currently they are not safe. And I would also like to know why this vital piece of information was kept from us when you know that we are hunting people who could very well have been kidnapped by him! We only found out because someone slipped up and accidentally mentioned something about it!" 

"I c-cannot answer that, sir."

Harry sighed, trying to keep his anger under control. He knew that he wasn't going to solve anything by shouting at this employee. Although it was frustrating that people would keep this from the auror department and himself - especially when there was a strong chance that the very man who had escaped had done the deed.

Well, Harry thought, at least we know now.

Rudolphus Lestrange had escaped form Azkaban. 

A/N - sorry I haven't updated in ages - been v busy at school. And you may not get another update until late May bc of school exams. Sorry. But I am going to finish this. Eventually. And I know this is short. Sorry again. 

Thank you all for reading - and were nearly at 1k!!!!!

Thank you all this means so much - I never thought that this would get this many reads. It means the world. 

~ Emma482 xx