Chapter 11 - Searching

Harry stormed into the auror office with Ron trailing closely behind him. Remus, Tonks, Sirius, James and Lily weren't at work yet so they didn't see Harry's startling entrance (although they probably wouldn't have anyway as they would most likely have been making up part of Harry's entrance party as they had been told about this previously). His face had a scowl carved into it; his eyebrows furrowed and mouth frowning. The entirety of the office watched Harry, the normally cheerful and smiling young man, enter waving a piece of paper in the air (unknown to  them that this was actually the death threat that Harry had received). Harry stormed over to his boss, Gavin, with Ron on his left and slammed the paper down on his desk. 

"Harry how can I help you on this fine morning?"

"Read this," Harry seethed.

"Oh I really hope this isn't Voldemort raised form the dead. Or is it a teenager pretending to be  you-know-who, eh Harry?" Gavin joked.

"Just read it."

"Ok, ok not in the mood for jokes this morning I see."

Gavin looked down at the piece of paper wondering what had got Harry so worked up this morning. His question soon received an answer as he read the letter form 'Your doom'. His expression quickly contorted from one of cheerfulness to one of shock and horror. 

"How much has been done so far? Anything you know about who could have don't this?" Gavin questioned as his auror training kicked in. 

"Was sent by a post office owl with nothing distinct about it according to Ginny. She couldn't catch the owl as it had flown off after she'd read it. No one recognised the handwriting. We've shown it to my mum, dad, Sirius, Tonks, Remus and the Weasleys. Sirius says it's likely from a pure-blood family as they all have relatively similar handwriting but he can't pinpoint anything and that's the most information we have."

"Ok that's a start at least. We'll get pretty much everyone on it since there's nothing else to do really. Hogwarts is probably a good place to ask around a bit as the old professors may have taught them and recognise anything specific about the handwriting that we don't know about. It's a long shot but it could lead us somewhere. We'll have a look at the parchment and ink; we'll see if there's anything unique about them, is generally bought at a specific shop or is generally found in a specific location. If that leads anywhere we'll make enquires. Next time you or anyone mentioned in the letter receives an owl make sure to trap it before you read the letter to make sure that it isn't anything like this. We might be able to locate what post office this owl was sent from and go from there. But I want you all to be careful. This is very serious. Go out in groups to make sure nothing happens. Keep safe Harry, Ron."

"Thank you sir. We're ready for whatever you need us to do in regards to this case."

***

The investigation started at Hogwarts and Professor McGonagall was asked that all of the older members of her staff would be shown the letter to see if they recognised the handwriting. Professor Dumbledore was also called upon for the investigation given his senior position. 

Alas, no conclusive information was given although a number of teachers, like Sirius, said that the handwriting was very like that of the pure blood Slytherins but as it was all so similar they could not narrow it down further. McGonagall and Dumbledore also gave the same information.

There were two aurors in the department that specialised in specific types of ink and parchment and were extremely useful in cases like these. 

Aurors Watson and Roberts were these two specialists and were also good friends of Harry and Ron. During the three day examination of the letter they regularly talked about the progress of it but they did not come to any conclusion until the Wednesday afternoon where they rushed into Gavin's office where he was talking with Harry about further details of the investigation exclaiming "We've got the parchment and ink types!"

Upon hearing this, Gavin sroppped his conversation with Harry to continue with this important piece of information. 

Watson and Roberts had found that the parchment type was made in the north of England and sold by a shop of the name 'Hudson's stationery supplies' and that  the ink was also sold specifically by that particular shop. 

Gavin immediately went into action sending a team of aurors to Hudson's; those owner of which, Michael Hudson, was very happy to help. 

As Hidson's wasn't a very popular shop it was easy to get descriptions of who had been in there recently. Michael came up with descriptions of five men who had been there recently and had bought the specific types of ink and parchment. The men had all seemed quite different and the descriptions were also quite detailed which all the aurors knew was key for the investigation if it wanted to go well. 

By the Friday the entire office had had a busy week which was a nice change from what had been happening earlier. The only problem with this was that they were now utterly exhausted and as Harry was walking into the cottage for his weekend off looking forward to getting a good nights sleep he encountered the sight of a trembling Ginny holding another letter in her hand and an owl feather in the other hand. 

"We got another one today. I tried to stop the owl but it flew away before I could get a proper hold of it and I only got a feather. You should probably read this." Ginny stammered. 

"Well a feather is better than nothing and I'll read the letter now. I'll take it in tomorrow after I've had some rest. Thanks you Ginny." Harry replied, yawning. 

The letter read: 

To the people addressed in my last letter,

It seems that you are trying to track me down but you'll have to work harder than that to get me Potter. 

I'm not sure when but you'll have a surprise waiting for you soon. I'll definitely enjoy it but I'm not sure that you will. 

Enjoy waiting for your death. Don't worry it'll come soon.

Bye for now,

Your doom 

~~~~~~~~~

A/N so this is a bit late again. Sorry Wattpad was being annoying and wouldn't let me write when I wanted to so everything got pushed back a bit. 

I'm on holidays soon which I can't wait for and I'm not going to write anymore because I really need to get this published . 

~ Emma482 x