Chapter 5 - Old Friends and Prophecies

It was safe to say that nobody was expecting Dumbledore to walk in whilst the seven were eating their breakfast. James, lily and Sirius had seen Dumbledore before now but that was because they passed him in the street and occasionally he came into their house but if he did it was always past midday. Remus, Tonks and Fred had not seen Dumbledore at all, having only entered the afterlife a few days ago and they hadn't been too far outside yet as they had been too busy.

Remus and Tonks stood in shock at seeing their old professor at their door but before any of them could think to move Dumbledore pulled them each into a quick hug. Remus, quickly coming to his senses pulled the professor in tighter whispering into his ear: "Thank you, Professor"

Dumbledore stood back and knowing exactly what Remus meant replied, "Every Wizard and Witch deserves to have an education, even if they have a condition which was not their fault. But before I forget I think you'd be pleased to hear that there are no lunar cycles here so your lycanthropy can't affect you, although, even if there were cycles I don't think that you'd do any harm given that everyone here is already dead."

The smile that crossed Remus' face was almost as big as the one on his wedding day and Remus felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He couldn't do any harm anymore! He wouldn't have to worry about hurting his wife or friends! And he would never have to suffer through another excruciatingly painful transformation again. Tonks ran over to her husband and leapt into his arms and whispered into his ear, "Thank Merlin for that."

The old professor greeted everyone else in turn before addressing the room,

"I believe that you may be wondering why I have called upon you at such an hour and in time I shall explain but before I give you some shocking news I think you might like to see some of these people again. All of you know Alastor Moody of course."

Just as he was saying this Mad-Eye Moody walked through the door looking noticeably younger. Although this may be because all of his scars had disappeared and he looked less like he had just been attacked by Death Eaters.

"Mad-Eye!" cried Tonks, overjoyed to see her mentor again.

"Hello Mad-Eye." Remus said

"Hello to all of you too Nymphadora, Remus, Fred, Lily, James, Sirius"

Tonks' hair turned a bright shade of red at the mention of her first name. "How many times have I told you NOT TO CALL ME NYMPHADORA!" yelled Tonks.

"Well whilst Tonks continues gets mad at her first name I think that she would like to see who is next to come in." Dumbledore continued, "Remus and Sirius may know him too."

Before anyone could pull their eyes away from Dumbledore a shout of "Dad!" came from Tonks and instantaneously everyone turned around to see Tonks and Ted Tonks locked in a father-daughter embrace. Once the two pulled away from each other Ted called out

"Good to see you Remus. Long time no see Sirius, I am glad that you didn't actually kill your two friends though."

"I wouldn't dream of it Ted" Sirius chuckled

Noticing the confused looks on Lily, James and Fred's faces Dumbledore introduced him to the rest of the group "Everyone, this is Ted Tonks, Tonks' father. As Sirius and Tonks are cousins naturally Ted and Sirius know each other. Ted, this is James and Lily Potter and the boy with the red hair is Fred Weasley."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Tonks" James called

"Please, call me Ted. Nymph is the only one who doesn't like her first name."

"Well that 's because you gave me the most stupid name in the history of all names. I feel bad for anyone who is called Nymphadora. I had an awful childhood because of that name." Tonks shuddered

"That was your mother's choice, not mine"

"Still doesn't make it a less bad name. You should have stopped her."

"I think that you and I both know not to argue with your mother when she has her heart set upon something."

"True" was all Tonks had to say to that.

Dumbledore was next to speak, "Sirius, the person who is about to walk through the door knows you best out of everyone here. Before he walks in though, I think you should know that he died after stealing and attempting to destroy one of Voldemort's many horcruxes."

So then Regulus Black walked in through the door and into the room where everyone was standing.

Knowing that his brother had died in attempt to stop Voldemort Sirius' heart softened, the brother that Sirius once had when he was young was back again.

"Reg?" Sirius asked using the nickname he hadn't used since the day before he went to Hogwarts

"That's my name Siri" Regulus replied and pulled his brother in for a long hug, something that they hadn't done for years.

"I'm sorry Siri, I should have stood up for you at home"

"Don't even think about it Reg. Our parents were evil people. It would have broken my heart to have that happen to you"

"James, Lily and Remus, I think your parents would like to see you." Dumbledore spoke softly.

Then all of the parents of those in question came through the door and hugged their child.

"I'm quite glad that our parents aren't here Reg." Sirius joked "Would dampen the mood a little don't you think"

"I think so too."

"I think that your parents would still give me the creeps even after all these years Padfoot" James laughed

"Merlin they were scary Sirius" Remus replied.

***

The group spent the rest of the day together, catching up, laughing and generally being merry. When Dumbledore finally managed to get James, Lily, Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Fred alone again it was well past 10:00. He then spoke up

"You must be wondering why I brought all of your loved ones here today. A prophecy has been made. In short it says that Harry's close ones will return but only when a specific event happens. It is likely that some of us, if not all of us, will return to the land of the living where we will remain. We shall not see the afterlife again until we die for a second time. I thought that you would like to see those who you love at least once before we return."

They all looked at him in shock. Lily was the first to speak.

"Thank you Dumbledore. That was very thoughtful of you"

A chorus of "yes" was muttered throughout the room.

"We do not know when this event will happen or even what the event will be as the prophecy is very vague. We may remain here for a long time. The minister for magic knows about this of course so our return is not completely unexpected. Your friends and family shall remain in this house until we return to the land of the living. I shall see you again soon I hope."

They all said their goodbyes to Dumbledore and then sat down again in the living room each musing over what had just been said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - Next chapter is going to Harry and will be a filler chapter and quite short. Then the story will continue on Earth for a bit. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote, comment etc.

~ Emma482