Chapter 7 - A not very happy anniversary

A/N - Short time skip and we're now in the living world 

Harry was getting increasingly bored by the news in The Daily Prophet. Nothing interesting was happening so the daily headlines were now things like: 'Apparation test failures on the rise'  and ' How important is education? The minister's view'. Today's headline was: 'Head of Muggle Artefacts at the Ministry retires. Who will take his place?'. Harry was seriously considering unsubscribing just to save himself from being thoroughly bored in the morning.

 At times like this Harry couldn't help his mind wondering. More specifically, about the prophecy that predicted the return of his loved ones. He wished that it would happen but not all prophecies happened and this one seemed so unlikely that he tried not the dwell on it as he feared that when it didn't happen the disappointment would only be worse. 

Relieving himself from the depths of the newspaper and his mind Harry decided that it was time to head off to work. 

"Ok Gin I'm going into work now"

"Bye Harry, don't be late. You remember the date and what we're doing today."

Yes Harry remembered the date. Exactly three years since the battle of Hogwarts. Every anniversary Harry, Ginny and the Weasley's went to visit the graves and the large memorial at Hogwarts in honour of all those who had died. 

Not wanting to dwell on the depressing subject of death, Harry flooed to the Ministry where he met Ron a fellow Auror whilst walking into his office. 

"Hey Ron how's Sam and Hermione?"

"They're good. Sam's nearly 6 months now and growing so fast. Time flies when you have a small child. Mione is good and really enjoying work as much as ever although I don't know how she can - the amount of paperwork we have is depressing."

"I know. And I thought school was over! At least when something  happens work is interesting."

"Yeah being an Auror is the most interesting job and the most boring job at the same time."

But their conversation was interrupted by their boss and Harry left Ron to go to his office and tackle the mounds of paperwork and investigate threats which he honestly believed first years at Hogwarts could solve. 

***

After work Harry flooed back to his house where he met Ginny who had finished her Quidditch training and had picked up the kids from their grandparent's house. The six of them then flooed to McGonagall's office in Hogwarts where they met with their family and proceeded to walk to where all of those killed in battle were buried.

***

When at the graves, Harry always found himself looking back upon the memories that he shared with Remus, Tonks, Fred, Lavender Brown and Colin Creevey. Even remembering all the times that Colin would follow him around with his camera brought a sad smile to his face and Harry couldn't help muttering under his breath,  "I wish they were here."

"You don't need to wish Harry." A voice replied. A voice that Harry had not heard in five years. 

~~~~~~~

A/N - Another update, another cliffhanger. Keep reading, updates soon (I don't know when) 

Vote, comment 

~ Emma482