Together

"Just remember that you're talkin' to me though, you need to watch the way you talkin' to me, yo. I mean, after all the things that we've been through..."

"Sometimes, it all gets a little too much... but you gotta – realize that soon the fog will clear up!"

"Lithium... I want to stay in love with my sorrow. Oh... but God, I wanna let it go."

"We... are never! Never! Never! Getting back to... oh my."

Starfire puts the microphone down, letting the music continue to play behind her.

"I do not think the karaoke night is working as I had hoped..."

The three other Teen Titans sitting on the couch gulp, unsure if Taylor Swift's melody in the background is making their silence more awkward or less. Raven opens her mouth as if to say something, then closes it.

"It's okay, Star." Beastboy tries, "I think I feel a little better."

Starfire sighs. "I miss the goofing off. I miss... Robin."

She turns off the music and the three others silently sigh in relief. Beastboy chances a smile "I'm sure he misses us too."

"Really?" Cyborg laughs suddenly, hurt in his voice. He stands. "He misses us? Oh, yeah, I can feel it in my leg." He taps the newly replaced part. Robin's throwing knife had dug into it the day before. When their old friend's trail had gone cold, Starfire, Raven and Beastboy had found him limping, clutching his face, trying to get to his workshop. "Yeah. I can really see he cares." Cyborg finishes, pointing at the broken hole where his mechanical eye used to be. Starfire winces, and Beastboy steps forward plaintively.

"Cy—"

"If you miss him so much, then let's get out there and bring him back."

A restless breeze whistles through the broken window behind him. The last of the sunset's light reaches over the horizon, its rays outlining Cyborg's figure like fingers.

"We can't keep lettin' him get away. This time, no holdin' back."

"We must wait a little longer!" Starfire cries, her voice piercing the atmosphere that was trying to form. She had almost been forgotten in the heat of the moment. Starfire takes a deep shaky breath.

"Please, the Bat man will come, and all will be well! Robin is our friend. He tried to speak with me at the enterprises of Wayne, I know it. Therefore, I must ask..."

They all lean in. Cyborg's shoulders slack and he exhales silently.

"...Would anyone like some popped corn?"

Beastboy and Raven were leaning forward so aggressively that the surprise knocks them off their seats, and they tumble to the floor. Cyborg throws back his head and laughs powerfully. He pats her teasingly on the back with surprising force, but her super strength results in her feeling next to nothing.

"Thanks but no thanks, Starfire. I think I've had enough entertainment for one night."

"Same here." Raven grumbles, sinking into a shadow on the floor and rising back up by the door. "...But, Thanks."

Beastboy gets up and rubs his head. He looks up and sees Starfire alone on the stage, shrinking in on herself. His eyebrows furrow for a moment as he connects the dots.

"Yeah, Star. I want some popcorn. What movie d'ya wanna watch?"