chapter 1; the mission

PIDGE'S P.O.V

            "Ok guys; here's the plan." Shiro began, as we gathered around the round table. "Allura and I will enter through the front of the Galra cruiser ship, making sure the coast is clear. Hunk and Lance, you two will take out all the guards through the sides, then going on to the back. Then, once Hunk and Lance know the coast is clear, Keith and Pidge will enter through the back, and enter the information hub, which is in the main room. This is necessary to see where the Galra will strike next. Any questions?" Shiro asked, looking around the room. "perfect. now everyone get to their lions."

     "Ayeah um, how come Pidge and Keith get to do the main part of these stealth missions every time?" Lance complained, once we took off.  

"Simple" I answered, with a cocky smirk on my face. "Do you  know how to hack a galra mainframe, strip it of its codes, then de-cypher all the codes to find out their plans?" I challenged, as I shifted in my seat, crossing my arms. 

"Well- no..." Lance said, slouching down slightly, before he perked up again. " But what  does Keith  do in all of this?" he smirked at the boy. 

"More helpful things than what you can do on your best-"Keith began to growl, but was cut off by Shiro.

 "THAT'S ENOUGH!" with a stern look on his face. 

As the rest of us smirked back at him, lance shrunk down a little. Lance grumbled under his breath as we flew near to the galra cruiser.

    As far as the mission was going so far, it was good. everything was going as planned. Keith and i waited in our lions for the signal. "ok, so once we get in, I'm going to need you as the lookout, ok?" I said to Keith, popping up like a facetime call. "copy that." Keith said. 

            "ooh. there's the signal. we're going in." i said, as Keith and i flew to the back entrance. we got out of our lions, and went inside. Keith motioned for me to crouch down as we walked. even though there was no need for me to; i'm really short as it is.

     once we got into the room, i began to hack into the Galra mainframe, and started uploading all the coded paragraphs and maps to my device. "once we get back to the castle, we can de-cypher it there." i said. "looks like we're good to go." i said, as i started to walk over to keith.

     Suddenly, the alarms of the ship started blaring, as red lights flashed in the ship. "WHAT HAPPENED?" I yelled into the earpiece. "Thanks to HUNK, i missed my shot. once of the guards set off the alarm. packs of them are going to be in the halls soon. you need to get out of there now." lance said. 

    KEITH'S P.O.V

         We then darted out of the room down the halls. we heard bullets from each side of the halls. "we're surrounded." Pidge said, looking around. "where do we go now?"

     I then pointed to the nearest door to us. We ran through the door, and fell on the floor into the room. That's when i noticed something; there a  sort of a window on the door. I looked through it, and saw lance snipe one of the guards. The injured guard fell against the wall, his hand pressing against a button. 

         It was at that exact moment, when i realized it; we hid in an escape pod. and we were  just launched out of the cruiser into space. "OH QUIZNAK, PIDGE PILOT THE POD!" i yelled as i ran across the pod. "I CANT!" she yelled back. "SINCE IT WAS LAUNCHED FROM THE OUTSIDE, WE NEVER TURNED THE CONTROLS FROM THE INSIDE ON. WE CAN'T TURN IT ON NOW!" great.

  now, I honestly have no idea where this came from, but there was a random pipe on the floor. not knowing it was there, I tripped over it fell on the floor and blacked out. Great job, Keith.

i woke up to pidge screaming at me to get up. "WHAT? WHAT IS IT?" I  asked, jolting up to get into the pilot seat. ". we're gonna crash into that planet! we need to get out, and use our  jetpacks if we have any chance of surviving."  Pidge said. "and you cant do this because..?" I asked, confused. pidge then got a flustered look on her face.

"...I can't open the door. i need your help."  she said, with a pouty look on her face. That's the thing about pidge; she may be smart, and incredibly cute, but she isn't strong, due to her shortness. so of course, i could've opened it with ease, but to make her feel better, I made it look really hard to open. 'cause I care for her like that.

     Once I opened it, we jumped out, and used our jetpacks to fly as far from the ship as possible, so that we wouldn't, you know, explode. But Pidge's light weight body made her do a flip in the air, and start to fall towards the ship. so i grabbed her hand, and we tried to fly farther. as we struggled to go further,  I looked down to see a whole bunch of trees on the base of the planet where we were headed. I looked over closer where the pod was going to crash, when i saw a lake. 

      "PIDGE, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO CLOSER TO THE POD." i yelled, looking over to her. i pointed to the lake. she nodded. "WE NEED TO GO FULL SPEED AHEAD ON THE COUNT OF THREE." she yelled back, as we leaned backwards a bit to create more impact. "ONE, TWO, THREE!" we yelled. we leaned forward, going full speed ahead. we crashed into the cold water, just a few seconds before we felt the escape pod  crash a few miles away.